user_rl5613's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2023 5:46 PM

Closed

How do I update my old Xfinity Home Security touchscreen to a new WiFi name and password?

I have an old Home Security touchscreen, showing model TCA203COMG on the underside. I recently updated my Xfinity internet Gateway so I have a new WiFi network name and password. I cannot find a menu option on the touchscreen to change WiFi, and also cannot find a way to do it on the Xfinity home app on my smartphone. I tried restarting the touchscreen from the Home app, but it is not doing anything to the touchscreen - I suspect it’s because I don’t have a WiFi connection between my smartphone and the touchscreen. 

Two questions:

1. How do I reconnect my touchscreen to the new WiFi?

2. Is it time for me to replace the touchscreen with the newest model?

TIA

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_rl5613! Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance with your issue. I'm happy to help. Here is a link to instructions on how to reconnect your Xfinity Home touchscreen to your Wi-Fi: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/reconnecting-your-touchscreen-to-your-private-wifi. If you are able to reconnect your wifi, there should not be a need to obtain a new touchscreen. Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

That didn’t work. I contacted my local Xfinity store, made an in-home service appointment and the tech installed a new touchscreen which is now connected. Please close the ticket. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_rl5613 Thanks for the update. Happy to hear it was fixed. We appreciate you connecting with us here. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here