barber0826's profile

Visitor

 • 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 13th, 2023 6:07 PM

Closed

Home touchscreen battery swollen

My XFINITY home touchscreen was giving a message that the battery was low. After verifying that it was plugged in properly, it still gave that message. I opened the back of the unit and saw that the battery is swollen! I’m worried that it could cause a fire!

Official Employee

 • 

2.1K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about the battery @barber0826 Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!


- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

6 months ago

I had a similar degrading cell problem just this week with a Getac Technology battery as used in the touchscreen for our Xfinity alarm system. I have already replaced the battery with one off Amazon so no service call will be made

I'm going to drop the old battery off at my local Xfinity facility when I run an errand later today to make them aware of this. Simply put a swollen Li battery is a safety issue and this may be part of a production run problem that has more than 2 units involved.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here