U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 4th, 2023 12:15 PM

Closed

Home security system hacked??

Hello, is anyone else having issues with there xfinity home security system. I noticed something the other day on my video footage that lead me to think that the Integrity of my security system has been compromised. I'll try to explain what I saw. So basically I was watching the live stream from my xfinity security camera when I heard my front door open and close  but the area where you can normally see my door had become all blurry only for a brief few seconds until the individual who had opened my door was able to get out of the area my ca.aera covers. I feel that the safety of my family is now at risk and also the feeling of being protected by xfinity home security system is no longer what I feel. I need help getting these hackers off my system or need a  way tk keep them from corrupting my video feed.  Please help

With Much Regard

-Xfinity home security loyal customer 

Problem Solver

• 

489 Messages

1 year ago

Call for technical support. It’s annoying to deal with the phone menus from Xfinity but call and get your questions answered.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

My  xfinity security system was hacked also. Instead of them figuring it out. The kept telling me to reset my password and get new camera.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

3 Messages

9 months ago

My system was hacked as well.It's true Xfinity DOES NOT care.Two times I had techs come out and was told it was impossible to hack their system. Well bull roar to that and their corporate rhetoric! The video when the motion was detected showed a large flash of light. The techs saw these saved clips but couldn't explain it. My system would detect motion but no one appeared in the camera. Turns out someone breached the Attic hatch in my townhome and was able to bypass the camera and sensor and enter my home numerous times. No evidence and no law enforcement involvement! Needless to say when my equipment was paid, I discontinued my "service". 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

They know it is possible because I contacted them too

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_691bec Hi there, I would really like to take a closer look at this concern. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I've seen everyone else review and you all are right on the money I've heard my door lock unlock heard things fall in the kitchen but see nothing on the camera no one can explain it to me why I don't see anything on the camera this is [Edited:" Language"] somebody is living

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have spoken to Mike Rodriguez and everyone else in reference to the hacking of my living room camera. No one helped. They sent a letter to FCC to respond to my complaint and lied stating I didn't return their calls. So I sent proof. Still nothing

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@fancie77fancie I am sorry to hear that you are unable to see things going on in the kitchen. Did someone come into your home? Did you reach out to local police? I would suggest resetting your network name and password.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

8 months ago

I gave the name of the suspect to Xfinity- he is  also a customer of Xfinity. It turns out he is looking for a job in IT And cybersecurity.......coincidence? Perhaps but I think not! Just like gang stalking - law enforcement refuses to acknowledge it's existence and may have even sanctioned the stalking - much easier to blame the victim's mental issues.......

3 Messages

8 months ago

I discontinued "my service" and left my camera plugged in .....normally it is showing as offline but on occasion will be online for just a few minutes. I get notifications to log into the Xfinity wifi- no longer have it.....this shouldn't be happening!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here