U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 6th, 2023 4:38 PM

Closed

Home Security: Failure!

I am a current Xfinity customer with Home Security on my account since 2018. Beginning in 2020 we began to experience a slow decline in accessibility to associated services. Initially, connection lost via internet. A technician visited my home for service. He advised that due to Covid restrictions, he was unable to resolve my issue, but reassured me that the cellular connection still provided security service. Overtime cellular connectivity dropped and the app stopped working. Our touch screen has also failed: No connectivity, randomly beeps when doors or windows have not been opened/closed, incorrect time display. With no access to user settings we are further inconvenienced by the inability to modify the auto arm/disarm schedule. The time parameters of our preset schedule and the touchscreens inaccurate time display now override my hardwired keypads making the entire system inoperable. 

I have tried to resolve this issue through Customer Service on numerous occasions without success. Given that I'm paying monthly for a service that I'm not currently able to use properly, I am kindly requesting to speak with a supervisor for a suitable resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_efaa3e. I'm sorry to hear your home security isn't working properly. I understand how important it can be to have a peace of mind knowing your alarm system is working when you're asleep.

I'd be more than happy to review your account to see what we can do to help remedy this once and for all. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I keep getting emails asking me to update my post... So here ya go, my issue remains UNRESOLVED! Yet Xfinity continues to take my money for a service that does not work, not even sometimes.  I have stated on several occasions that I wanted cancel service, only to be given the run around.  My requests disregarded with an offer to troubleshoot or schedule a new appointment.  I have had three technicians on three separate occasions- 3/10, 3/15, 3/17- out to my house.  All three unable to access our home security let alone fix it. I had a fourth appointment scheduled for Friday 3/24, but received a text from Xfinity notifying me that my appointment was canceled- no explanation. I DM'ed support for an explanation. They said it was a local issue, whatever that means????  They actually made me troubleshoot my touchscreen over chat.  The same touchscreen 3 on-site techs were unable to access, but hey I've got nothing but time (and money) to waste so why not?!?!?!?  Again, I stated several times I wanted to cancel service (I am not under contract). I asked for a supervisor. Crickets. Support literally ended our conversation with a "sorry for the delay or any frustration."  That's where I'm at, a big nothing burger.  So, I'm updating for those of you who like me continue to get the runaround while being fleeced.  If your home security isn't working, you're not crazy, it's not just you. I will be forwarding to the FCC and attorney general.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here