Cardinal757's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 17th, 2023 5:53 AM

Closed

Home Security date/time messed up

I have home security touch screen, and don’t have xfinity service anymore. The sensors were working fine and so the touch pad; however, today I pulled the battery and now the time and date is all messed up and showing 4 months earlier date and time. I read through manual for Technicolor TCA203, and there should be an option under settings ‘units and date’ . Unfortunately I don’t see the option the unit that I own. Any help, to rest the time to current? Is there a software or firmware issue?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

6 months ago

@Cardinal757 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Xfinity Home Touchscreen. I'm happy to get you in the right direction. You may need to do a factor reset, but before we do, that let's take a look at some other things. Are you seeing the other options in your display menu such as Home Screen Options, Backlight Schedule, Language, Clean Screen? 

1 Message

Hello, I have the same issue. The clock was two minutes slow. Now it’s 14 minutes fast.  I do have other options in the menu, but nothing to se the clock.

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

Hello, @user_4ksjfu thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post, and I definitely understand wanting to ensure the time is displaying correctly on your Xfinity Home touchscreen. I found this great article about customizing the touchscreen: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/configure-home-screen-on-touchscreen. 

Here are the steps listed to get to the Home Screen Options, which should contain the clock settings: 

1. On the Home screen, tap the gear icon, then tap Display.
  2. Tap Home Screen Options.
  3. The Display Preferences screen lists the options that you can set as your Home screen: SecurityClockWeather and Camera. Swipe up to scroll through the options. Tap the circle next to the name of the option that you want to select for your screen.
  4. Tap the Back arrow to view your new Home screen.

This article from our website also mention where touchscreen doesn't "look right", that resetting/unplugging the touchscreen. Wating 15 seconds then plugging it back in can help as well: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-touchscreen-issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here