DI

Tuesday, September 17th, 2024 6:38 PM

Home Security Bait and Switch

Went online, entered my address, and ordered the”self protect complete” package. Received a call shortly after confirming the package and install date, and offering to add me to a waitlist.
installer was friendly and qualified enough (although he installed one sensor upside down and couldn’t figure out why - i had to fix it when he left).

then I checked my account and realized they gave us Professional Plus package, which we didn’t want. I called that afternoon, same day as the install, and person on phone said pro plus was cancelled and I have self monitoring now.

tuesday, I chatted support to confirm the package was correct now, but support said the pro plus was still on my account. Also, they had added a $10 / month charge for 24/7 video recording which I didn’t want.
support said they can’t deactivate my home security via chat and i have to use the site. Went to the site and got an error trying to deactivate. Had to call again and after 30 minutes or so, the agent said I could have self monitoring but I’d have to buy all the equipment ahead of time.

i declined and asked for the package advertised on the website, the one ordered, with the monthly payments for two years and then owning the equipment. Agent said the only options would be to keep just the camera, at a monthly cost, or pay for everything up front, or return it all. 

Then the agent said i have to return the equipment to an Xfinity store even though the installer specifically told me they would come back to uninstall it within 30 days if I’m unsatisfied for any reason.

I’m so frustrated, i am telling everyone i know not to use Xfinity for home security. 

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here