stevecalbert07's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 7th, 2021 5:14 PM

Closed

False Alarms and Open/Close Notifications

We are getting Open/Close notification, and false alarms when armed, when there is no change in any doors or windows. This has been happening since the system was put in three months ago with a take-over of our old wired system. The old system never did this. It is also very random and seems to happen in batches.

Yesterday, I was standing in our kitchen and was notified the door next to me was opened and closed several times within a minute. The door was securely shut.

This is so burdensome now that we disable all zone at night and not arm the alarm. In other words, completely pointless to the intent. And chat assistants are worthless in helping. I can’t even get a service appointment.

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for posting to the forums @stevecalbert07 and bringing this to our attention. We'd definitely like to make sure this gets resolved, especially given the importance of the system. To confirm, have you moved either the touchscreen, the gateway, or any sidecar routers (if one was installed) at any point after the initial installation?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No, everything is where the technician left it. As noted, the sensors are hard wired to the REHP1AZ0 panel. The sensors never false alarm when hooked up to the old Honeywell system. The gateway is at the same location. 

Also, as mentioned, this is very intermittent. We can go a month without issue. Then have several occurrences in a single night. These occurrences normally happen when armed and while asleep. Which makes for a difficult night. 

As I understand it, the REHP1AZ0 monitors the open/close status of the sensors. It then relays the status to the Gateway via Wi-Fi. The Gateway then decides on what to do? If so, the REHP1AZ0 is just remote I/O (I work in industrial automation), and the Gateway may be making 'bad decisions'.

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

Gotcha--thank you so much for answering and clarifying those details, it helps out tremendously. Since this is a takeover, we will better off getting a technician to the premise to check out the panel, the sensors, and the gateway to make sure they're all communicating correctly. Takeovers require special care and maintenance. Would you be able to start a peer-to-peer communication so we can locate the account and explore options to have someone out?

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/3hinqQr
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Please include your name, the account holder name as it appears on the account (if different), and the current service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here