B

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 10th, 2022 5:05 PM

Closed

Door sensor - thinks door is open if the door is pushed in

We've had Xfinity home security for eight years, but last week it was replaced with the wireless sensors because our old wired system burnt out. The other night, our alarm went off in the middle of the night because it thought that our front door had been opened, even though it hadn't been and was securely locked. In the morning, we tested it out. It seems that if the door is closed, it does register as "closed"... but if we push the door further in (to make sure it's firmly closed) the sensor says that it's now open. I can barely tell that there is even a difference, but the sensor can.

As far as we can tell, the door moved slightly at night because it was windy. We'd rather not have this happen again. Is there anything we can do with the sensors to prevent this?

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @brude83, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! I understand how annoying that can be having the alarm going off randomly like that. You've reached the right team of experts, and we can certainly assist with your sensor concern. 

Please try these few troubleshoot steps that can help resolve this issue: https://comca.st/3o3aQGN

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityNico​ Thank you. I checked the sensor and magnet and they seem to be closer to half an inch apart than a quarter, but they are both as close to each other as possible without one of them being partway over an edge. (This is largely due to the design of the door - it indents a bit right before the actual edge of the door.) 

Regardless, I could try to move it slightly closer, with only a little bit hanging over. Do I need to do anything in particular before I remove the sensor/magnet (I'm not sure which - it's the taller one)?

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

You're welcome! Oh okay, gotcha! No you can go ahead and remove the sensor. Please let me know if that works for you! We are here 24/7 if you have any other questions in the meantime!  

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here