Aceq2jot's profile

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2024 6:10 PM

Compatible 4k Cameras

I have had a Xfinity alarm system with Cameras since they first hit the market many years ago. I am saddened in all this time they have never upgraded to a 4k camera and with Crime on the uptick I would like 4k cameras. I have read articles that state there are many cameras compatible and to look at Comcast/Xfinity to see which ones etc. But I can find a list. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here@Aceq2jot. You can always check the https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/works-with-xfinity-xfi-devices site to look for any devices that are compatible with the Xfinity Home service. 

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ Sadly it is all smart locks, thermostats and lights. With the need for better identification of license plates etc. as when hoodies are up, and masks are on it is very hard to get an ID on a person and that's where 4k cameras do their job and you get your monies worth. Having spent 27 years in the law enforcement field you come to appreciate the difference in camera resolutions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here