U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 12th, 2023 6:09 PM

Closed

"Comm failure" in window sensor

I tried the following steps after reading them in your trouble shooting section:

• Replaced battery with a new one.
  • Remove battery, and put it back after a minute.

The touchscreen still shows "Comm Failure" for 2 sensors in my home.

Could you please help?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Hello,

Could someone please help?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_69143c - Thank you for bringing this Xfinity Home window sensor concern to the community for assistance. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having, and I would love to see what we can do to help! To start, have you reviewed how to Fix a Comm Failure Alert from your Xfinity Home Sensor in its entirety? You may have already reviewed troubleshooting steps outlined here, but I want to make sure we provide every resource that may help.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinitySara​ I am not the one that started the thread above, but I have precisely this problem.. with 25 sensors. It happened all at once. I read both of the documents to which you referred very carefully. I tried each and everyone of those steps, but those 25 sensors continued to show "comm failure". A technician came today. He tried everything I did, and more. We even tried re-setting & re-pairing the sensors to no avail. His conclusion was that all sensors were bad. He recommended replacing all the sensors. What do you make of that?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for trying the steps outlined in those documents for us @klaus1, we really appreciate it. We would have to defer to our technician's advice but understand why you would be hesitant to replace all the sensors. We could try sending out a second tech to see if they find anything the first one may have missed. Please let us know if you would like to try scheduling a repeat trouble call before proceeding with replacing any sensors. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here