U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 3rd, 2022 3:04 AM

Closed

Clear tamper error on sensor

How do I clear the tamper error (which forces a bypass) on a door sensor?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

6K Messages

2 years ago

I had a similar issue a year or two ago with a motion sensor. Had to replace a battery, which tripped the tamper sensor. After searching the internet turns out you basically need to delete and readd the sensor to the entire system. This would be easy if Xfinity didn't lock that ability behind a code that's only valid for 24 hours. I had to contact XH support to get that code to access the hidden menu on the touchscreen.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@John3758​ yeah it’s called a temporary premise pass phrase and it’s a PIA to call and have to get that due to certain screens being blocked. Comcast did that due to some customers fiddling amongst certain screens and wiping out sensors, cameras etc. Always a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone else! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_3ea721 and thank you for reaching out about your door sensor. We are happy to take a deeper look at your account to get this error resolved. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and complete address. Here is how you can do so:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/38ODpUu

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3Q25ecD for an example.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here