Can i add my xfinity cameras to my own router
I replaced Xfinity modem/router with my own. Now my Xfinity cameras and video doorbell will not work and there is no way to add them to my wifi. The technician on the phone told me they are only made to work with Xfinity router. She said I would have to pay 100 dollars for a technician to come out. I was never told that when I purchased them. What's up with that?
15 days ago
Oh, no! We apologize for the confusion, @user_c35bc about the modem change which caused the incompatibility of the cameras, and video doorbell. Here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security is the link with the details, and equipment requirements. I have the cameras, and video doorbell, and love them! I'm sure you will too. A technician visit is the best since they can get out there to connect everything for you, and so worth it. Please send us a Direct Message with your name, and complete service address, so we can take a look at the account. We look forward to your reply.
To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message.