Apark1301's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Camera not appearing on touchscreen

Can you help me figure out why one of my cameras won't appear on my touchscreen even though it shows up on my app, through the browser, etc.? The only difference with that camera is that it's a newer model (2020) than the other three (2017).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

From other threads, it appears that the issue has to do with firmware and that the newer camera isn't compatible with the older touchscreen. Does anyone know whether the older cameras are compatible with the newer touchscreen? The technicians on the phone said they could send someone out to replace my touchscreen, but then I don't want to have issues with my older cameras not appearing. 

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

The iCamera 1000, iCam2, xCam, and xCam2 models are fully compatible with our newer Touchscreens.  If you have a camera that is working well today with an older Touchscreen, it will also work with a newer Touchscreen.

The only current limitation is with our newest camera, the xCam2 and our TCA 203 model Touchscreen -- only thumbnail images are available on the Touchscreen itself.  Live video would still be available on X1, the Xfinity Home Mobile app, and the online Subscriber portal with this configuration.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much. I do have the tca203 and one of my camera is the newer xcam2. I am having the issue of being able to see the thumbnail but not the live image. If I swapped the touchscreen for a newer model, then I'd be able to see all four of cameras' live feeds?

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

That is correct!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastBecker My camera stopped working a while ago onthetouchscreen, but is present in apps. I have done firmware, rebooted the router and touchscreen, unplugged and plugged back inthe camera. Nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @. Do you know which camera you are using currently in your home? Are you noticing any other issues on your touchscreen or is everything working smoothly? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My camera is working in my app, but not touchscreen. It did at one time. I have rebooted, done firmware, rebooted the xfinity router, unplugged the camera and plugged it in again. Ideas?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here