U

Thursday, March 7th, 2024 5:36 PM

Blink camera not working overnight only

Hello, all of a sudden my blank camera is not working overnight. It works fantastically during the day, but not overnight. I'm wondering if my Wi-Fi is suddenly going to sleep overnight and if so how I can fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_k84ja7Good afternoon! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your cameras. I can see how your cameras not working would be a concern. I would be happy to assist you in getting some answers. Usually, there is a system update overnight where your modem would reboot, but it should come back up within about 5 minutes. Are you experiencing multiple drops and long period of downtime? 

17 Messages

Yes, with the camera. It doesn't seem to record anything between around 9:00 p and 6A

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_k84ja7 Thank you for sharing the details in troubleshooting your have tried. I would like to take a look on my side. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the name on your account, and the service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_k84ja7 Gotcha! That is a bit more of an extended period than you would normally see with a system update. Before we get started, are there any troubleshooting steps you have already tried on your end? Repeating the same steps can be frustrating. 

17 Messages

I've reset the blink modem several times. Recently, our television started going to screensaver after 4 or 5 hours as well. I'm wondering if this is related and somehow it's going to sleep at night

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_k84ja7 Thanks for reaching back out. We do have screensavers on your TV box. However, the modem does not have a power-saving mode where it would disconnect at night. Have you checked all the wiring to ensure that everything is connected correctly? Do you have the modem or camera plugged into a power strip? We would recommend having the modem connected directly to the wall outlet. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

17 Messages

The modem is directly in the wall outlet.  It is strange because it works all day perfectly!

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

@user_k84ja7 , do you use the xFi service at all? Perhaps the Blink Camera is set to pause at certain times. Details here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview and here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi 

17 Messages

Whenever I click on these links, I get a "400 Bad Request" page

17 Messages

3 months ago

I've reset the blink modem several times. Recently, our television started going to screensaver after 4 or 5 hours as well. I'm wondering if this is related and somehow it's going to sleep at night

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here