U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 8th, 2022 6:24 PM

Closed

Alarm equipment not working without touchscreen

I recently canceled the 24/7 home monitoring service with comcast/Xfinity and now the equipment does not work. I’ve paid it all off so I own the equipment. I was not being charged a rental or lease amount for the touchscreen, so I’m unsure if it was supposed to have been returned. I must add that the home monitoring was apart of a package with internet and basic cable channels. The only equipment I was being billed for each month was the cable box & remote ($8.50/month) and the modem ($14/month). There is no equipment charge on my bill for the touchscreen. Was I supposed to return it? Or was I supposed to keep it? I would like to still be able to use my alarm system since I own the equipment, but it seems I can’t do that without the touchscreen. Please advise.

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

2 years ago

@user_9b0678

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Forums page.

To better answer your questions--, When you purchase Xfinity Home, you own all the equipment -- including the Touchscreen. Typically, the cost of the equipment is spread out over monthly installments, but it can also be purchased outright.

Most areas of the country transitioned to the Touchscreens being purchased as part of the system over the last year or so.  Prior to the transition, all equipment was sold except for the Touchscreen, which was leased as part of the monthly fee (and would need to be returned if service was stopped).  

If you are an existing Xfinity Home customer,  you can check your billing statement, which will indicate "Leased Touchscreen" (or similar) in the Xfinity Home section if you currently lease the Touchscreen. 

If you have any questions, just give us a ring and we can confirm everything with you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here