ventruejusticar's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 12:19 AM

Closed

XR15 Remote Needs Factory Reset Continually

The XR15-UQ remote for my main X1 DVR box AX013ANM has needed factory reset using the method below dozens of times now since it was installed several months ago.  Sometimes after the box has been unused for a few days or other times the next day after use.  I've never had this problem before with the old X1 DVR box or any of the other wireless boxes in my house.

What is happening and why is it happening?  I power on the TV and the screen says something like "remote not working?".  The remote doesn't work and I go thru the process below and in 10 minutes it's back up and running again.  The remote keeps getting unpaired from the box?  How?  Why?

As an aside, it really is a long, overly complicated process the box goes thru just to repair the remote.  The box appears to reload my entire account information when all I need to do is repair the remote.  Most of my settings are carried thru but there's about 5-6 of them which never are returned to how I had them and I have to go thru preferences and change them all back.

Thanks!

"Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.

1. Press 9-8-1.
  2. The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

I guess I was unclear?  I have went thru the process of factory resetting the remote dozens of times which RE-PAIRS the remote with the box in the process.  The problem is not that I don't know how to get the remote to control my box.

The problem is that I have to go thru this process dozens and dozens of times over months.

Battery level shows 69%.  You want me to change the batteries because that might stop this continual process of the remote becoming unpaired with the box?  I'm all for trying to troubleshoot before ordering a new remote but I wanna make sure I'm not wasting my time and yours.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

We can run through some troubleshooting steps to see if this can be fixed remotely. If not the best recommendation is to replace the remote. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @ventruejusticar! I have a great link https://comca.st/3vAARSp that will assist you in pairing your Xfinity remote to control your Xfinity X1. The set of instructions for the XR15 is located in the middle of the page. Aside from changing the batteries my team can either ship you a new remote or direct you to the nearest Xfinity Store for a quick replacement. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here