U

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 8:45 PM

Closed

Xfinity/Comcast email issues

Is anyone having issues with xfinity/comcast emails?  I use comcast email via the webpage.  I've been having active emails I'm writing automatically close out while I'm typing and it'll put it in the draft folder.  Message on the email window says "The mail draft could not be found on the server.  It was sent or deleted in the meantime." 

Yesterday my email usage limit was maxed out for some reason when I was around 60%.  Turns out emails from our sent folder circa 2022 that I deleted to make space all got brought back somehow and filled up all the usage.  While this happened all my emails from early January 9 to February 4 are just gone.  Nothing in the deleted folder or any other folder, just gone!  This leads me to believe that the deleted emails when they came back and filled up the usage, my newer emails got deleted to make space for the old ones.  Major issue as I lost important emails for different projects. 

Is there any way to roll emails back or recover the recent ones I lost?  And is there any way to stop these issues from happening?

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

8 months ago

@user_q0ugwl Are the emails that are from January 9th - February 4th are from 2023 or 2022?

4 Messages

Nope, for 2024.  It was all my new emails before yesterday going back to Jan. 9

Thanks for the reply!

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

@user_q0ugwl We can try to some things on our end to see if that works.  To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

8 months ago

@user_q0ugwl You're welcome. Can you try using this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/recover-deleted-email to see if this works? 

4 Messages

No luck with recovering the emails this way.   I see the emails I deleted myself but not the recent ones that disappeared.

4 Messages

8 months ago

This issue has been resolved.  Unsure how as I didn't do anything but my missing emails there this morning.  Possibility of Xfinity server issues that untangled itself?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I'm happy to hear this news! Thank you for reaching out on our subreddit for support with your email recovery issue and the update on the resolution. We are glad this was not a permanent issue but a temporary glitch. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

7 months ago

Does anyone know how I can get help with resetting my email Primary User? I made a mistake and assigned my Primary User as a Viewer, and now have no way of signing in as the Primary User to fix anything. Automated online help is not helping at all. Thanks

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello user_ahuwqb

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

2 Messages

The info has been sent. Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here