U

Monday, August 5th, 2024 1:40 AM

Xfinity will not repair down line

On Wednesday, July 31, 2024, a branch fell and caused my internet wire to loosen from my house. The line is blocking my driveway and hanging halfway in the street; if someone is not paying attention their vehicle can snag the line and detach it from my house. I submitted a ticket with Xfinity for them to repair the line on the same day. The line was not fixed on Thursday so I called and reiterated the safety concerns. They informed me the line would be fixed on Friday. The line was not fixed Friday so I called Saturday morning and they stated there was an outage and the engineers had to fix the outage. I asked if someone could fix the line today and they said yes. The agent stated she was going to monitor my account and contact me when the tech was in the area. I never got a call and when I got home the line was still hanging. I called them back Saturday evening and asked when the tech was coming out and they informed me the appointment was moved to Sunday. I was truly frustrated and this point and asked to speak to a manager. The manager reviewed my account and stated she would call dispatch to send someone out to repair the line. After talking to dispatch, the manager informed me they could not come out because it was too late but the line would be fixed tomorrow and she would call me personally. I informed her that Comcast has horrible communication with customers and that I should not have to beg them to do their job. Once again no one showed up to fix the line on Sunday. This a major safety issue and Xfinity does not seem to care. Can I please get some help with this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Good evening @user_txpqh0, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team here on our Forums, we appreciate your time and bringing this situation to our attention, rest assured you're in the right place to receive the proper help you need to have this addressed. I'm sorry for the frustrating experience trying to have the downed wire repaired and understand where your frustrations are coming from. I see that you stated the line is blocking your driveway and hanging in the street. Since this is a safety concern, we want to make sure this gets fixed as soon as possible.

We'd be happy to get your account pulled up to review the notes left that were placed by the previous agents your worked with further as well as look over the work order to have the line raised to see what we can find out. If needed, we'll reach out to our local team directly for an update to make sure they have eyes on it. 

To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here