U

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 5:11 PM

Xfinity Support

Hello. I saw a few posts regarding an ETF and was unable to to send a direct message. We got a service on 10/11/23 and we were assured that we can terminate anytime without ETF. On 8/18.24 we returned the equipment and terminated and once again we were assured there will be no ETF. We terminated as we were going back to Europe for a few months and there was no point of paying for service we don't use and additionally if we leave it there will be nobody in US to terminate when the one year mark comes. Now we have a bill for ETF that is $140 and $18.85 in taxes. On chat 2 days ago was assured that the ETF will be waived and it is still there. Yesterday in a chat the agent advise that a ticket was raised, today i got a text that the ticket was closed and the fee is still there and I cannot find any explanation of what they decided and why. Lets leave on a side that I was told 2 times there will be no ETF and the agent that promissed that the ETF will be waived. I log in to the account and I cannot see the Legal agreements , when i click on that it redirects me to the home page. Also there were multiple instances where the service was down during the period and this should be considered as well but nobody will keep records or at least give you option to see it so you cant ask for credit. My family had used Xfinity for the last 10 years on different addresses and getting hit with that ETF leaves a bad taste. How do they expect me to sign again for a service when i return to US permanently? It doesn't feel that this is an honest way to do business.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

24 days ago

Hello, @user_9vfe99 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here