U

Monday, October 7th, 2024 9:00 PM

Xfinity support - LAN line static - Need to talk to a human

Hello -

Trying to help my 86 year old parents, who don't use apps or chat, get help with getting rid of static on their LAN line, and they (nor I) can find any option to call and talk to a real human. They have been Xfinity customers for over 30 years.

What number can they or I call to reach a human? Don't want to schedule and pay for a service call if it isn't necessary. 

Here is the issue and details:

Issue:

They have a LAN line and there is a lot of static on all phones---2 corded phones and 1 base phone that also has 1 extension. Their phone with a base also has an answering machine (they don't want/know how to use Xfinity voicemail) and the caller hears a lot of static while the outgoing message is playing and my parents hear heavy static on the messages callers leave on it.

Details:

> It is a consistent, ongoing issue for every call.  Issue doesn't get worse when there is rainy weather.

>No problem with their Xfinity cable or internet connections.

> They have been in same house for over 30 yrs so wondering if it is worn/old lines.

> All lines in their neighborhood are buried in ground.

> They asked their neighbors if they have this issue but none of the neighbors have a LAN line.

I am not at their house right now to troubleshoot via a call but could be there to do that at a scheduled time. 

Please advise what to do or a phone # to call, or if I need to go in person to the Xfinity store to see a human. It is really hard for them to deal with this issue.

Thank you,

Andrea 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

12 days ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_81qapa. I can definitely look into any issue with that Voice service from here for you. The only phone number option we have to speak with an agent is the 1-800-Xfinity number? Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for that service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here