Semonkd's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 2:39 PM

Xfinity stream app

I did an update for this app last night and now it won’t let me stream any stations. It keeps saying I have to use my home internet or it just doesn’t have the option to stream live

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

2 months ago

Semonkd Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to try to solve this? Like deleting the app or signing out then back in? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes I did both. I’ve tried everything and it won’t work

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hmm, that is very strange. Can you do me a favor and try to reboot the modem/router in the home? For some reason the app is not recognizing that you are on the home Wi-Fi. Also check to make sure it is paired to the correct internal Wi-Fi and not the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot connection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I’m not home. I always stream at work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! Some channels and programming are not available for stream outside the home. You can always record the content to the DVR, and then it would easily be able to be viewed outside the home. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I understand that, but these channels were available yesterday and it’s saying I have to connect to my home WiFi to stream them. I should already be connected to my home WiFi for this app, since I did’t disconnect it since yesterday. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here