U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 6:41 PM

Xfinity Scam

Hello,

I’ve explored every option to resolve my issue. It all began when I called to cancel my subscription due to a 50% increase in my internet price. The customer service agent assured me that, as a loyal customer, she could offer me the same price I had been paying, as they didn’t want to lose me. During our conversation, she mentioned Xfinity Mobile and asked about my current carrier. I made it clear that I wasn’t interested in switching, but she insisted that Xfinity Mobile had a special offer where my phone would be free, with no out-of-pocket costs since I have Xfinity Internet. I confirmed multiple times that my combined bill for internet and mobile would remain the same as my previous internet bill. She reassured me several times, saying, “Don’t worry.”

Excited by the prospect of a free phone and maintaining the same internet price, I made the decision to switch to Xfinity Mobile. The agent’s assurances gave me confidence that this change would be seamless and beneficial. However, just a few weeks later, when I checked the Xfinity billing app, I was dismayed to see that my bill had not changed at all; it still reflected the old pricing for my internet service.

Feeling anxious, I called customer service to get clarification. To my shock, I discovered that I would have to pay an additional $90 per month for the phone, simply because I hadn’t ported over my old number. This was a complete surprise to me, especially given that the agent had repeatedly assured me that my bill would remain the same. I felt misled and frustrated; I had trusted the information I received and made my decision based on those reassurances.  The sudden realization that I would be facing unexpected charges was infuriating, and it only compounded my anger that I had gone through with this switch under false pretenses. I felt as though I had been lured into a deal that wasn’t as advantageous as I had been led to believe. To this day, I remain upset about the situation, as it has not only disrupted my financial planning but also left me feeling disillusioned with Xfinity’s customer service and transparency.

I’ve been trying to return the phone, but they haven’t been able to process my request. I’ve called multiple times and even visited an Xfinity retail store, but they told me that customer service had nothing to do with the store, despite being the same company.

Anyone out there that can help me?

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

16 days ago

Hello, @user_kk9k58. We appreciate you reaching our team on Forums regarding your Xfinity Mobile and Internet concerns. I can certainly understand how that experience can be frustrating and we can help look into things. Please send a DM wth your full name and the full service address to assist further. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here