U

Friday, August 4th, 2023 12:16 AM

Closed

Xfinity rewards scam likely?

Got an email from [Edited: "Personal Information"] saying i won a sweepstake i entered for and that i need to create a sweepstake winners account. Seems fishy so if anyone has ever won a sweepstake or if an xfinity worker can confirm the process that goes into it

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_2577f6 for bringing this to our attention, we definitley want to ensure that your information is safe and we can help avoid as many scams as possible. At times, we do offer certain sweepstakes as part of our Xfinity Rewards program, however, to take advantage of these, you would have to enter first. If you have entered in and won a sweepstake through Xfinity Rewards, you will receive a congratulatory email. The email is to let you know you've won, but normally you will get a follow-up email or call to assist you with redeeming the offer. If you never entered in for them yourself though, then it is likely that it may not be safe to redeem. What was the sweepstakes offer for? Did you enter in it previously?

4 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ “You are one of the grand prize winners of the Xfinity NASCAR® Cup Series Racing at Sonoma Raceway VIP Sweepstakes! You entered this sweepstake through Xfinity Rewards and were selected as a winner. Continue on to learn more details about how to accept your prize.”yes I entered but the email looked weird it asked me to create an xfinity rewards winner account 

(edited)

4 Messages

It originated from an email

[Edited: "Personal Information"] And said i had 48 hours to redeem

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_2577f6 Got it, thank you for confirming! I wasn't able to find information for that as of now, but I would love to look further to confirm if we can see details about this on our end! Please send our team a direct message with your full name and address so we can look to see if this offer is on the account! To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 year ago

Did you actually win this? Was the email legit? I got a similar email yesterday about winning a TV with Xfinity Rewards and I'm trying to find out if it is real. 

4 Messages

@user_cff1f3​ honestly i don't know if it was legit i contacted Xfinity multiple times and they opened a ticket that never got any response so i just ignored the mail 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_2577f6. We take security very serious here at Xfinity and can assure you that we would not send out sweepstakes winners to our customers emails. I would recommend utilizing the Spam filter on your inbox so you do not get these emails.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@user_2577f6​ Thank you for your reply! I also see the reply from the representative below, but I'm not sure it answers the question. They say they would not send out sweepstakes winners to customers emails, but where would the emails be sent so the winner can be notified when they won something? Perhaps the winner is notified by actual mail and not sent by email? Or is he saying they don't send a list of all the winners to customers' emails? This is confusing...

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

Hello @user_cff1f3. I believe william meant that we do not send a list of all winners to a customers email. 

1 Message

Hi! I got an email from this email:

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Is this a real email address and website?

(edited)

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am a actual Xfinity customer however, I received a notification saying I won a $750 cash app gift card . think its a scam, Got $10 from me. I know better now

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_sac2dl. Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about this. Was this notice over email? Is it related to our Xfinity Rewards or a different service?  

2 Messages

9 months ago

I received a notification saying to claim a prized gift card from cash app , I paid $10 to shipped it out . But I dont know if it was legit. 

1 Message

Awww man you shouldn't have to be paying ANYTHING to claim any prize :( they got you 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here