SureB's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Friday, July 14th, 2023 2:27 PM

Closed

Xfinity rewards not working, of course...why would it?

Why would Xfinity send an email to customers "Summer of Movies" only with Xfinity rewards to their Xfinity rewards cusotmers with a "Your fist movie is here! Can you guess what it is?" Then it  provides a link that states "sign in to redeem."

You click the link and it does nothing. Just sits there spinning and spinning and spinning. 

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Sub-par all the way! 

If you are going to provide a link to customers in order for them to "receive their first movie," then at the VERY LEAST, make sure the link works. I would say unbelievable, but it's not. Not at a all.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @SureB, thanks for reaching out to share your experience with trying to redeem your Xfinity Rewards movie. We are sad to hear that the Sign in to redeem link is not working for you, and our team is here to help! 

By chance have you tried things like opening the link in a different browser and/or making sure you don't have any pop up blockers enabled?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ I got an email asking me to mark this as resolved. It’s not resolved so I’m not marking it resolved. As you may note from others experiencing the same issue - possibly fix the link. Please let me know when you’ve resolved this. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@SureB - Thank you for your reply. Some customers are currently unable to access the Xfinity Rewards page. Please know that we're aware of the issue and working to resolve it. We appreciate your understanding.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinitySara​ 

I see that you acknowledged that the Xfinity Rewards page is not working.  I can't get mine to work and have lost the current rewards since it's past the date of July 23, 2023.  The Free movie, Sonic The Hedgehog movie.  I'm just disappointed that I spent time yesterday working with tech support via texting and you already know that you have an existing problem.   I also called and talked to a live person and they didn't say anything about the existing problem.  Will we be notified when the Xfinity Rewards page is working?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Blossom96. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ I'm sorry but the instructions for the Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon message are confusing.  Can't find the Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or the Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon.  Is it possible for you to send a link?  

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue. Three computers (two different browsers), two phones and a tablet. All with cleared caches. Xfinity is a bunch of lip service instead of acknowledging they have an issue. I wanted to watch a movie and the offer expires today!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@garysterzel Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry to hear that you're not able to redeem your Xfinity Reward. Can you please send us a Private Message with your full name and address? We can certainly look into this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Perhaps Xfinity should repair the link. There are several people reporting the same issue. I can send you all this stuff and I'll get the same answer as try to open in another link. Clear your cache. Clear your cookies. Disable your pop ups. All who have complained about this non-working link have done all of these steps. Fix the link.

It's like being stuck on a continuous loop. Even getting alerts via email, one has to sign in over and over, despite clicking the box that says "keep me signed in."

Something is wrong. The link DOES NOT WORK. Stop offering customers things that you (in the general sense of you being Xfinity) that do not work. I sincerely don't understand the end game here. Either offer it or don't, but don't send your customers an email stating "hey you've got Xfinity rewards, click this link, to get your free movie!" and then the link not working. No other app or company does this. The links work. Xfinity should be able to figure this out without making customers jump through endless hoops. You get one "expert" then another one takes over and you tell the "expert" the same thing over and over and over and over. Perhaps work on communication and fixing your broken, non-working links or just stop sending emails to customers telling them they can get something and then making it impossible for them to get these silly non-working "reward." Thank you.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, it's not the browser, it's not the cookies, it's not the cache. It's the link that is nonworking. No one will acknowledge that the part is on Xfinity's failing, so they try to put on the customer that it is something they are doing or not doing. I get links from other organizations within emails. They work. I shouldn't have to figure out what browser to have to use (even though that's not it) or clear cookies every time I get any kind of link from Xfinity. No other company forces a customer to do that. It's exhausting. It's probably not a movie I'd want to watch anyway. Most likely something from the 1980s that I already have. lol. They have issues and they put their "experts" or "online people" in the terrible position of canned responses until customers just give up. Good luck and glad to know there are indeed other people who have had the same issues. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@SureB​ Xfinity offered it's rewards members movies. Yet, no matter what I do, I am unable to sign into rewards to claim them. Don't give me Browser, Cache, Computer, etc..... I have tried everything. From what I can see, it's not just me and Xfinity won't acknowledge that it's a problem. I am requesting that Xfinity repair their issue and extend the offers. I was looking at watching the Mission Impossible offering that expires today. Live up to your word, or cut your exorbitant prices. You charge world class prices and offer subpar services.

SureB, we both know that Xfinity is unable to make their own system work. It's too hard to coordinate the worldwide employees to remedy the issue. It appears that they just don't care!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same problem here. It's been a week and I still can't access rewards. Lost one of the first free movies and can't get my rewards movie either. I hope they plan on giving us all the free movies we're going to miss!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@giifijfifjjfjfj​ 

Hi, not sure why it won't work. What works beautifully is the charging part. If you purchase or rent something, that goes through without a hitch! Xfinity giving a customer a "reward" or anything else -- not so much -- that process is extremely difficult.

I think they (Xfinity) know that people will finally just give up, so why make the "rewards" link work? I cannot understand why this continues to be an issue but as long as customer accept this they will keep doing it. Perhaps in the future, there will more more options because if I treated customers this way, it would not be good.

Hope your reward link will work in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here