N

Friday, September 27th, 2024 5:33 PM

Xfinity Representative Asking For SSN

I was in a call with an Xfinity agent for a billing reason. They kept pushing a mobile deal and had asked me to type in my full SSN and Date of Birth. Is this normal? The number I called was 1(800)934-6489

Official Employee

• 

598 Messages

22 days ago

@Nobody_ To verify if customers are eligible for Xfinity Mobile service we require their SSN and DoB to perform eligibility checks and assist with preventing fraudulent purchases and accounts. 

Please also note that sending unsolicited peer to peer direct messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a direct message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so.

3 Messages

22 days ago

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me. I spoke with a customer agent via chat (always fun and very informative, ha) about changing my internet plan, he asks me, unsolicited, if I want to upgrade my phone to the new iPhone. I said I'm here to talk about internet. He then goes on to tell me he can get me $1000 off if I trade my phone in, no need to add an extra line and I get to keep my same number. I was intrigued, and agreed to talk about it. Then boom, immediately asks me to fill out a form for my SSN and DoB. I do, reluctantly, and then proceeds to tell me to finalize the deal I need to call the customer retention department. Um, okay? So I do, I tell the lady I just had this conversation via chat about this deal he's offering, she confirms that she can do that, then sends me ANOTHER SSN and DoB form. I fill that one out too, even going as far as picking out the storage, color and model of the upgrade. She said she would send me an email with instructions on how to complete the trade-in, and we concluded. She only sent me an email with a link to Xfinity Rewards, nothing to do with trade ins. So I call back, get a different person, and they tell me they can't honor that deal and its only if I add a new plan, no exceptions. Funny, I have the transcript of the guy in chat downloaded telling me different, and I recorded the lady (and I know you guys have recordings too) telling me they can do that deal.

So not only did I have to put my SSN and DoB into some random form, which felt like an extreme violation of my privacy, but I was told by two people this deal was good to go, and the third just told me "nope, sorry, but call back if you want to buy a phone from us in the future" There are other providers with fiber internet near me; this will be my last month with Xfinity. I have a folder on my computer literally dedicated to download transcripts because every time I get a [Edited: Language] charge, I tell them I have a transcript from you guys telling me different, and they back down. This time they failed to honor a deal two people, recorded, told me they could do, so I'm outta here.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here