U

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 3:22 AM

XFINITY Live Chat Agent Scam

Xfinity connected me to a chat agent offering me a great deal on an internet bundle for 1000 mbps, Xfi complete and an iPad, all she needs is me to verify my identity through a “secure link” and then me to pay 80 dollars for taxes and fees. I look up to see if Xfinity would ask for my social and it said yes sometimes to verify your identity through a secure link. So I verified and then she sent payment link and I looked up Xfinity live chat scam and I guess it has happened before so XFINITY I want to know what to do about you connecting me to a scammer that stole my information. I already submitted fraud alerts to the credit bureaus.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have screen recordings of entire interaction as well 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for sharing this experience @user_6r9ir3. It's never easy to read about activity like this, but we do have a dedicated team that helps with this type of issue. Our Customer Security Assurance team can follow up on the situation. They can be reached at 1-888-565-4329. Their hours are 8:00am - 12:00am Eastern Time, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

2 months ago

The concern is not related to Xfinity Compliments................... Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I believe I was just a victim of a Scam. Two days ago, I set up a payment through Xfinity chat. I just received a call and a text to verify. The lady on the phone had a Middle Eastern accent and would not tell me why she was calling until I verified information. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

Oh, I didn't think about that.  So now the scammers have my information...I didn't verify it with them, so I hope they aren't able to use it. So what WILL Xfinity do about this?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_36g264 I'm sorry to read that this happened to you! I hope that scammers are around every bend. We take fraud issues seriously and will do everything we can to help out. You can work with our fraud team here. This site will help you submit a claim with our fraud team to assist. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here