U

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 1:35 AM

Xfinity home

I spoke to Josh on August 3 regarding canceling my xfinity home service. He didn't ask me why but proceed with the request to cancel my xfinity home security. I asked would there be any fees associated with canceling the service or do I need to return the equipment. At first, he seemed confused about my question so I asked again. Which he told me I only needed to return the panel. I had cameras and sensors I was making installment payments for. I asked do i need to return the cameras and sensors he said no and that was it. He didnt specify i would receive a bill for equipment cost. Had he said i would be responsible for paying the equipment cost upfront then i wouldnt have cancelled my xfinity home service prematurely and would have rather explained the reason i was looking to cancel the service because the video quality for the cameras is poor. He did not advise me that after 30 days of having xfinity home security I will be responsible for paying upfront cost of installation and cameras, etc. He didn't provide me any stipulations for canceling the xfinity home and wouldn't have told me I needed to return the panel had I not asked. He didn't specify where to return or if a shipping label would be created for me to send back equipment. The worst case scenario I assumed I would need to return all equipment if anything but instead I received a bill for almost 800$ thats due the following month. I went up to xfinity store to speak to someone about this outrageous one time charge which they explained it was because I canceled home security after 30 days of having it and they said the equipment other than panel cannot be returned. I called the customer service line and spoke to someone name Hassler who obviously doesn't care and said I should have read the agreement and since I signed the agreement that means I was aware of paying upfront charges for equipment after 30 days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he could not transfer me to a supervisor either. I'm so disappointed at the lack of customer service and integrity for xfinity it's ashame that such a big company has poor customer service. The person I initially spoke to when I inquired on canceling my service had a very thick accent and I could tell his primary language was not English.  At the end of the day after spending so much time trying to get someone to rectify the poor customer service and the fact that I was misinformed or not fully informed what the outcome would be if I canceled my xfinity home security nothing was accomplished. The people who work for xfinity don't care about their job or performance which speaks volumes about how xfinity cares for their employees and customers. This experience has made me inquire on filing a formal complaint and look into a different internet/cable provider. Idc what all sevices xfinity offers customer service is a big deal and the folks who represent your company answering calls that I've spoken to really did a poor job , they either couldn't help me or offered a supervisor to callback (which never no supervisor has called back

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

user_cpl1z1 Thank you so much for your post and for sharing your experience with us when disconnecting your Xfinity home services. This is not at all the expectation our customers should have and appreciate you letting us know. I would love to see if there is anything I can do to help and get more information on the agent you were helped by to help make sure this is addressed as well. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

5 Messages

28 days ago

I am disabled and a senior citizen. I faithfully paid my bill on time, but unfortunately although i had initially requested the home security system on a house my daughter newly rented because of my young grandchildren, I did not realize that she already.had another carrier until after the 30 day window. I am sorry, no excuse I guess but I initially failed to understand that I only had a 30 day window to cancel and return the equipment. I have now been charged $822 which I cannot afford and because me and my daughter can't live together any longer, I will be on the street. I have tried, begged, pleaded, cried with all the 10 different reps I have tried to talk to (that most do not speak English that I can understand as their call center is based I believe, in the phillipines) I don't know what to do. I have all the barely used equipment all boxed up, but Noone will accept/,give me credit for. 

5 Messages

16 days ago

I have had the same experience, only I'm old and disabled. I guess there is no recourse until they start losing many customers, meaning, even as a corporation, I know there are only so many losses they can take on their corporate return. Very, very bad customer service

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here