U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, July 15th, 2022 6:31 AM

Closed

Xfinity gave me a free phone and then charged $400 and the phone was locked and they will not unlock it

I went to Xfinity today because of a complaint I had about a mistake they made and they ended up convincing me to switch to Xfinity mobile. Luis said he was going to give me a free iPhone SE and when I got home and looked at my account they charged me $400 at $17 a month. The phone is also locked and I went back into the store and they told me to go to Apple it wasn't their problem. It's a brand new phone I didn't set an account up or even an Apple ID but the phone is locked and asking for a pin. I have been without a phone for close to 24 hours and they will not do anything about it. I asked for corporate's number and the two young kids that work there told me they will corporate. Xfinity store on 5900 South University boulevard suite c greenwood village, Colorado 80120. I'm so exhausted and tired so excuse any typos 

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_ac4466. My apologies for the frustration this has caused you. 

Xfinity Mobile customers can qualify for an iPhone SE 5G (64GB) “On Us” when adding to a new line of service and porting an existing phone number. The customer will receive this credit, equal to the full retail value of the device ($429.99), on their monthly bill spread over 24 months; the first credit will be applied at the time of purchase.

To qualify, the customer must purchase the new device on a new line of service with a Device Payment Plan (DPP) and intent to port. An existing number must be ported from another carrier and activated within 30 days of purchase to continue to receive promotional credits. 

Please call our Xfinity Mobile customer support at 1 (888) 936-4968 for additional assistance.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Well the same has happened to me and no one said I was required to port my old phone number. I was told I was eligible for a free phone because I was a current internet customer. But I’m the end. I was lied to to get me to get the [Edited: "Language"] thing. And then it wouldn’t work. And they wanted me to pay for the free phone. No way! I told them I. Sending the ohone back and now I’m gong to research a different internet service. Because I just don’t want to deal with them at all

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

We are sorry to hear about the experiences you have had with us @user_219837. Our mobile team would love to help make things right! You can call or text 1-888-936-4968 to reach them at anytime. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_219837​ I just typed a very lengthy response but hadn't signed in ... When I did sign in the whole message is gone so I'll try to be brief. I was still dealing with this up to a couple days ago and this happened in July. With no luck or resolution from messages, chat corporate communication I filed a formal complaint with the FCC. They monitor and regulate communication companies and make sure there is resolution for the consumer. If Xfinity does not comply and resolve the issue to satisfaction, they could and will receive I have to find thousands of dollars to millions of dollars. I wish I would have contacted them initially when this happened because it has cost me so much money and time and emotional stress. I lost the number that has her many years and was never able to access it again because they had recorded ported my number to the Xfinity phone that I never used and returned immediately. Nobody was able to reach me when my father passed away in Virginia and I was unable to do quick update calls and my daughter was in the hospital and critical condition. I lost extremely critical information, contacts and text messages that were needed for an upcoming trial which was the majority of the burden of proof for that case. I'm still trying to recover from all the damage and the different areas of my life that were affected. Call the FCC are going online and file a formal complaints. They will contact Xfinity with your complaint activity will have a limited amount of time to contact you and resolve your issue. Take care, and good luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here