jeanine729's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 9:15 PM

Closed

Xfinity Employee Fraud

I have been dealing with Xfinity’s customer service for hours on end. On 02/22/24, I used the XFinity chat feature for customer support. I had a cable box malfunctioning, and I wanted it replaced. The chat bot is not helpful, and I requested a human callback. I received a text a few minutes later saying the call back was ready, and then XFinity reached out. The number showing on my phone was 800-934-6489.

The representative verified my information and ordered new cable boxes for me, and said I qualified for an additional discount. First, I had to have a zero balance on my bill. I gave him my credit card, and he said $150 would be taken off over the course of three months. I fell for this and signed the form he sent. And gave home my credit card. My card was charged for $320 to Direct Bill Discounts, and that is not the charge I authorized. I also now have mysterious payments appearing on my account which I did not authorize and are not from accounts I have ever had. After talking at length with XFinity, they said I fell victim to a scammer, but this has nothing to do with their company. I told them how I reached out, and they said there is no record of this. I have the texts and emails, and I did receive the cable boxes. Clearly, someone is connected with XFinity. I asked for a transcript of my chat conversations and was told to contact legal and given a phone number. I just called them and they said his had nothing to do with them and they cannot access information. The man (Thomas) then hung up on me. I agree I was the victims of fraud, and I firmly believe an XFinity employee was involved. Customer service has said there is nothing they can do and it is not their fault. They said the scammer must have ordered the equipment for me. Why? Have you tried to do this online? It is nearly impossible.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

8 months ago

jeanine729 I am sorry to hear about everything you have gone through. I would like the opportunity to go through your order and conversation history to see if we can't narrow down some of the details. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your name and address to get started. I'll see you there.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I have spent hours on the phone with XFinity support and two investigations are open. Will opening this new communication provide anything different? So far, XFinity has offered me a $20 credit.

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

@jeanine729 We can look into the account and maybe provide updates on any tickets open on the account.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@jeanine729​ the same thing happened to me! I had 10 lines added and also now i realized my plan hasn’t ever been fixed back to what it should be also I have numerous unauthorized  charges and my information was compromised and I’ve been having the worst time. They did give me two months of free credit but not being able to trust employees here that makes me uneasy and I think that seeing how I’m still dealing with this almost 6pm this later something has to be done 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_cbce76 Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you've encountered, including the unauthorized charges and the issues with your plan. Your trust is important to us, and I'm here to help. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I was asked for my social security number and birthdate. Was this fraudulent behavior on the part of an Xfinity employee? I was purchasing a watch. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hmmm.  That isn't an all to strange occurrence @user_2tuush.  Are you also purchasing services to accompany the watch?  If you are a new subscriber to Xfinity Mobile, it could be to complete the checks for the service. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

IT MOST DEFINITELY COULD OF BEEN AN XFINITY EMPLOYEE . . We have been Xfinity customers for A Very long time and what has recently happened is beyond crazy . It was a Sunday recently when our homes Wi-Fi messed up, out of the blue . This can happen right? maybe its time for an upgrage ?  So D (my husband) calls into "Xfinitys Customers Support " and asks them whats up ? Then he goes to Xfinity and gets a NEW Modem for our house  . Sets it up and everything is good again....  or so we thought . The next day, Monday ,D's personal cell phone through Xfinity Mobile just says SOS and he can't use it . He works in downtown San Francisco,  we live like 50 miles N of SF. So he leaves work at about 1pm and he goes back to Xfinity AGAIN, tells them his phones acting weird, it's saying SOS and he can't use it . So the CSR at Xfinity couldn't explain why his phone said SOS but she fixed it and he left only to return AGAIN for the same problem . This time was a little different,  she could see what was happening ,but she seemed taken back alittle ,like something  isnt right ! Something funky was going on . Now i wanna say first thing MOST Xfinity employees arent bad but when they are ITS REALLY BAD! AND our Theift probably wasnt working alone . Thank god they were stopped. Not before turning our lives upside down. Its beyond criminal what happened to us and probably more if I had to bet.  This seemed way to Profesional.  It turned out . Someone removed My husband (Main Acct Holder) from our Xfinity acct . Added a new one only THE EMPLOYEE had access to,  then this Xfinity Employee edited n changed the accts and password to all our finacial apps . Wells Fargo was the first hit , they got like $5k and they bought sim cards and some bit coin card and he opened a PayPal acct , he did several things , but the biggest was when he got into my husbands retirement acct . Changed the acct . Info and passwords, tried opening another acct (prob to transfer $ into )but he/they were stopped just in time . The fact  that a PAID EMPLOYEE of Xfinity that was the one doing ALL THIS  FRAUDULENT activity , behind the scenes AT Xfinity is Very EYE OPENING and people need to know that, if they have Xfinity service , they can also have their information stolen and used for,WHO KNOWS WHAT BAD STUFF online or if its been sold to The Dark Web ? the online banking fraud and wire fraud are serious crimes and we really hope Xfinity is going to MAKE SURE THE PERSON OR PERSONS IS PUNISHED (We know they knw who it is )But that's all we know . We filed a police report but Who know if it'll go anywhere . Anyone recommend another good cable service ? Ugh thinking about switching all our services sounds horrible . But how can we ever trust Xfinity again . I'm scared to call any customer service reps,  anywhere now, but esp Xfinity.  I dont know if we can ever feel safe again. they cant guarantee it won't happen again ?? And so we wait and we'll wait till someone or something comes of it . Until then well keep telling this crazy story . So do u or someone you know have Xfinity Mobile, Cable or Wifi ? Because if u do , there's a good chance the people payed to monitor and keep your acct safe , could be the ONES DOING THE FRAUD. Don't let this keep happening to you and others . We pay ALOT OF DANG MONEY FOR XFINITY SERVICE   They owe us ! Spread the word 

#xfinityfraud #notrustinxfinity #speakupagainstxfinity 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_6gucyh.  I ask that you reach out privately, so we can research this further. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

5 months ago

I’m sorry this happened to you. I was also recently a victim of fraud through Comcast. I called on April 23, to tell them my internet was going in and out and the gentleman said I needed to upgrade my modem but first I had to pay my balance and the modem would also cost 25.00. He said I would get a credit on my bill for 35.00 for the next 6 months. I gave him my credit card and the payment went through. I noticed a week later I was charged again for monthly bill so I called them to tell them I already paid and why are they charging me again. A Comcast employee me no payment was made and they don’t accept PayPal. I explained to the employee that I have the new modem and all the emails. She said the system did see I talked to the employee on April 23, and notes were generated but it said he authorized a modem at no charge. 

I feel so violated. I can’t believe you call to get help and the employee that is getting paid from the company steels from you. What is this world coming to. You can’t trust anybody. This is so sad.

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hey, user_f5656f! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the experience you had when you originally reached out to us. If you'd like for us to look further into this, feel free to click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

Same thing employees are known to [Edit: Inflammatory]

(edited)

2 Messages

4 months ago

I too was a victim of fraud, I was taken for 154 dollars , I paid that amount to pay for my monthly bill but what happened was he took my money and put into his PayPal account and I never got credit for my bill. Comcast must do better because you can never get a live person instead they hire people you can’t understand . 

1 Message

3 months ago

I am going through the same things I paid my bill through the phone was told I had a discount and a week later my Internet was turned off then today pay ebt came out of my account when I have not paid anything yet because my account was being investigated 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_zn8hjn Hi there! Thank you for sharing the trouble you are having as well with us on our Xfinity Forums. I am very sorry to hear of this activity and lack of service. I know how concerning this can be with processing payments and unknown charges. It would be my pleasure to help out with the investigation and to get you back online. Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. From there I will verify the account and help out with the trouble. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

3 months ago

I am researching options currently to leave Xfinity. It has become a monster in size and lack of customer care. I am tired of the trickery that goes along with the calls.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and a warm welcome to Comcast! 😊 I truly appreciate you reaching out to us via our Xfinity Community Forum's page - it’s such a convenient way to connect! While it saddens me to hear that you’re considering leaving, I’m committed to resolving this promptly for you.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here