U

Friday, June 21st, 2024 11:30 AM

Xfinity Employee [Edited]

I called Xfinity on 5/31/24 to cancel my tv service but keep my internet. Without telling me, the employee upped my internet service and put me into a new contract. Once I realized what happened, I immediately called back and demanded that the contract provision be removed which I was assured it was. I called on 6/11/24 to cancel internet and was told by a manager that in order to cancel my service without incurring a cancellation fee, I had to pay my balance owed immediately. He also said that it had to be done with a credit or debit card and couldn't be charged to my bank account on file with Xfinity. That should have been the red flag but hindsight is 20/20. I gave him my credit card info and he sent me a text asking me to confirm the authorization for the charge. I then received a text confirming that my payment had been made. Fast forward to 6/19/24--I get an email from Xfinity stating that my payment was returned by my bank account ending in a number that doesn't match any of my bank accounts--and I didn't make my payment using a bank account--I used a credit card. So I hop on my credit card account and see that a charge to "Utility Savings Hub" was made on my account in the amount of the supposed Xfinity payment. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and am now in a battle with Xfinity. I don't know if they simply don't care that they have an employee who is fraudulently getting customer credit info or if the language barrier WITH EVERY PERSON THAT I'VE TALKED WITH is the issue.  There is no company that I despise more than Xfinity and while I'm thrilled to not have to deal with them any further for tv or internet, thanks to their outsourcing customer service to the middle of nowhere for pennies on the dollar, I can't be fully done with them until this fraud issue is resolved. I will never use Xfinity again and I will tell every person I know not to use them and why.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_eel6of! Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about how this experience has made you feel, and I would love to see what we can do to resolve it for you! Our Digital Care Team is excellent at getting to the bottom of things, and I am confident that we can help in some way. Could you please send our team a direct message?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here