U

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 6:11 PM

Xfinity Charged Me for Services They Can't Provide

Hello,

I started my contract with Xfinity 2 years ago for home internet service, with an advertised speed of 1200 Mbps. I was provided a modem and assured everything was fine. However, I've consistently experienced slow speeds throughout the two years and have called numerous times asking whether I needed a new modem or if there was another issue. Each time, I was assured that everything was functioning as expected.

In the last few months, the speeds dropped significantly. About two weeks ago, I called again, and for the first time, I was informed that the highest speed available at my address is actually 1000 Mbps. My contract was then changed to reflect this, but after running speed tests, I found that I was only getting download speeds of around 170 Mbps.

I called support again, and this time, I was told that the issue was with the modem. A technician came to swap out the modem, and upon inspection, they confirmed:

1. The highest speed available at my address is only 1000 Mbps (not the 1200 Mbps I had been sold for 2 years).
  2. The modem I was provided could only support speeds of up to 800 Mbps, despite my initial contract claiming I could get up to 1200 Mbps.

This means:

1. I was sold a contract and service that you could not deliver due to the limitations at my address.
  2. I was provided with a modem that could not support the speeds I was promised, and despite my calls over the years, I was assured multiple times that everything was fine.

Over the last 6 days, I've called numerous times regarding this issue and was informed that a credit escalation ticket had been created. However, each customer service agent I spoke with gave me conflicting information regarding timelines and specific details, including different numbers for speed guarantees and contract terms. On one occasion, I was even accused of lying about the information I had been previously told. Despite all of this, there is still no resolution, and I have yet to receive a call from the escalation team. I have detailed recordings and documentation of all the mistakes made.

I would like to request an actual refund for the difference in what I have been paying versus the service I actually received.

Please escalate this issue and provide a resolution as soon as possible.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

23 days ago

user_tq817m Thank you for reaching out, and providing a summary of your concern. We would be more than happy to investigate your concerns. Please send us a direct message.  

7 Messages

22 days ago

After my post yesterday detailing my ongoing issue with Xfinity and their fraudulent contract practices, a leadership agent named Jeffrey reached out to me. He informed me that the matter was being looked into. That same day, I noticed a credit of $95.28 had been added to my account without any clear explanation. I took the initiative to contact support via chat and found out that it was split into a $39.99 refund for a modem installation (swap out) fee and a $55.29 refund for service discrepancies.

Today, Jeffrey called back to inform me that their investigation was completed and that the $95.28 credit is the final refund I would be receiving. He claimed that Xfinity’s policy only allows disputes of billing issues up to 120 days. However, this issue goes beyond a simple billing dispute—this was a breach of contract. Xfinity sold me a service they knew they couldn’t deliver, and Jeffrey’s attempt to sweep it under the rug shows a lack of accountability.

During our conversation, I reiterated that the investigation was not thorough, citing the fact that the technician who came out earlier this week confirmed that the highest speeds available at my address are 1000 Mbps and that the modem I was using for 2 years could only deliver 800 Mbps. For two years, I was repeatedly told that everything was fine whenever I called to report the slow speeds. This indicates to me that Xfinity either didn’t contact the technician for confirmation or they just didn’t want to refund me the money they owe.

When I pointed out that even the $55.29 refund is not an accurate reflection of what I overpaid even in the last 120 days, all of a sudden Jeffrey was able to offer me an additional $100 credit towards my account. After the call, I noticed that the $100 credit had been applied, which makes it clear that they see this case as closed, even though this issue is far from resolved. From the beginning, I specifically demanded that the refund be issued directly to my bank account or as a check, not as a credit to my Xfinity account. When I brought this up again, Jeffrey stated that they would not be able to process a refund in that manner. I told him again that I will not accept it, and I see this case as still open.

I demanded a more thorough investigation and even offered to provide my recorded conversation with the technician and the technician’s direct contact information for verification. Jeffrey refused. This tells me that they have no intention of genuinely investigating this matter because they know they’re in the wrong and are simply looking to get rid of me with a lowball refund offer.

[Edited: "Solicitation/Inflammatory"] 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us with this update @user_tq817m. I am sorry to hear this is not the resolution you hoped for. I just want to be sure, was the person you last worked with (Jeffrey) a supervisor who concluded this information? 

I know you are working with us via Direct Message, so we would be more than happy to double-check that this is the final resolution and that there is nothing more we can do.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

Hello,
The last person I spoke to about this matter was Jeffrey, who mentioned that he is a supervisor/leadership.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here