SC1615853's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 3:37 AM

Xfinity Assistant is aware of an outage in my area...

My internet service dropped out around 6pm, both the Xfinity app and Xfinity Assistant say they are aware of an outage in my area and each new ETA for it being fixed just gets bumped out when it's passed (well beyond anyone's business hours, which tells me it's based.on nothing).  The outage maps basically shows me as the only outage in the area.  I think someone damaged my line or disconnected it at the junction box outside. I heard landscapers outside running hedge trimmers when I lost my internet.  If this continues to be not fixed by morning I need a tech to come out and figure out if my house is no longer connected. Please help.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

17 days ago

SC1615853 Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team. Uh oh, sounds like you may be right on your line. I would be happy to take a look at your signals, and help you schedule an appointment if needed. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ thanks for the reply. As of this morning the modem is back online and I'm connected to the internet again.  I had requested text updates on the status of the outage yesterday, but never received an update.

The service was restored, but the cable junction box under my building is as still a mess of exposed cables including some that aren't connected. I'm glad it wasn't the landscapers! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

SC1615853 You're welcome! I'm glad to hear your services are back up and running. I would recommend checking your permissions on your communications. Sometimes it's just not enable for text messages. You can also text the following command for service interrurptions. The box being a mess is also a concern if it doesn't have a cover. We can issue a ticket to our local team to have it fix. I can would be happy to get working on that for you in DM. I look forward to working with you today! 

Text the following commands to 266278 (COMCST):*

OUT: Check for service interruptions.

Tip: Add 266278 to your phone's contact list so you have easy access to text commands.

*Note: Message and data rates may apply

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here