S

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 1:44 PM

"XB8-T" DACSIS Gatewy

Let me begin by saying that my main concern when changing to a new operator was "not AT&T", and Xfinity checked that box. From there, I wanted to see if all of their marketing dollars were for naught, and if the super-wifi ads were correct, so I signed up on 9/24/24, and that was the last thing to go as planned.

Within a couple of days, I received the gateway I'd heard so much about, but I didn't have time to reconfigure my whole network, so I waited a few days to get it going.  I open up the box to find my fancy new "XB8-T" as it says on the back and then notice a coax female plug, but I didn't think anything of it, thinking that maybe some folks can use it for backhaul in concert with fiber, but then I go to remove my AT&T fiber modem, and find that there's no place on my new gateway for the RJ45 fiber line to plug in. So I figured I'd just call and get the issue corrected. Yeah, I just heard you all slap your foreheads.

A chatbot last week assured me that he was human (and continued to respond like a chatbot) told me that they'd have the fiber modem in my hands in 3-5 days, and I've still yet to receive shipping confirmation, or ANY ability to follow up on that conversation.

Today's date is October 8th, it's been 14 days, since I ordered service and was very clear that I was coming from AT&T fiber and did not want an installer to come out - once I received the coax modem, I notified xfinity asap, in good faith that they'd want to correct my issue, not that I'd have to wade through a sea of really awful chatbots (upgrade your ai, guys) that aren't empowered to DO anything, just to redirect you from one page to another.  I was just informed by a representative on chat (that I waited 18 hours for -no lie, the initial message was at 3:43 PM yesterday, and it's 9:30A now) that the actual fiber service is not called Gigabit, but X10 Gigabit, and that they want an additional $200/mo for it. To be clear, by options are to either stay with AT&T fiber, despite hating them with every fiber of my being, or to downgrade back to copper and be physically limited to 2GB/s speeds, unless I want to pay comcast to come back out and undo the downgrade (basically, re-upgrade), just to let me have the same speed I do today,

And then they chastise me that it's against policy to DM an employee!?!  Apparently, Comcast thinks the best idea is to crowdsource your customer service, I guess the last 40 years of internet forums have taught them that information therein is usually reliable, and I'm sure it's great for a new customer to come on the support forums and see post after post of how horrible customer service is.  Did y'all just lose the J.D.Power award for so many consecutive years that you just decided not the even try to provide good customer service?  Is there anything in there about charging a customer for service that you won't allow them to use or putting customers last by letting them go 18 hours for customer support?

All I want is what I was sold, with the equipment I was sold, at the price I was sold.  If there was a mistake, I expect Comcast to make it right.  Do those 24 month contracts work both ways?

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

2 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here