Berny13's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 18th, 2023 8:19 PM

Closed

XB8 Firmware Brick

This morning I had an update pushed to my XB8 modem.  The light on the top turned orange and it just bricked.  I can't even access it through ethernet and there is no wireless SSID broadcast. The modem was replaced two weeks as a reward.

After 45 minutes of telephone tree hell and attempted resets from Xfinity, I finally reached a human who told me it was my line because they can't send a signal.  After two more telephone tree hell sessions,  a technician stated that my modem is dead and a tech will be out in two weeks.  

Is there a way to reset this thing?  Holding the WPS button for 30 or 60 seconds does nothing.  Unplugging it and plugging it back results in an immediate orange light.

Also, why does Xfinity push untested garbage out to Platinum Members.  This is unacceptable.  

Expert

• 

106.8K Messages

11 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

11 months ago

@Berny13, thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forum. We would be happy to look into your XB8 device concerns. It sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal already working with multiple technicians on this. Send us a direct message, so we can take a closer look at things. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

So, basically use the abysmal chat function that fails to connect or function.

I'm just waiting for Spectrum to show up Monday, then I'll rip Xfinity's junk out.  

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

@Berny13, we certainly wouldn't want to lose a valued customer. Are you having an issue connecting with us via direct message?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here