L

Monday, July 8th, 2024 2:45 PM

Written Complaint to the Mobile Department & to Roger who was unhelpful

Hi there. I was chatting with some man on the Xfinity app because I was moving apartments even though I didn’t need anything extra. They convinced me that I would get a “free” iPad even after asking to clarify what that meant. At the very end of the conversation, they told me they would put a “hold” on my card on file just to get the iPad to ship to me but it won’t actually charge me. That’s where I went wrong in ever trusting Xfinity. I came to realize I was charged $96.54 and will be automatically enrolled in a mobile plan. I did not consent to the mobile plan or being charged. So, I was focusing on moving apartments and received the iPad. I tried returning the iPad after reading reviews about how they also got scammed but it has been 3 long days of people in the mobile department telling me to wait 24 hours for FedEx to send me a return label. No solution yet, and I am livid and am thinking of cancelling my entire account and spreading the word about your terrible customer service and other services. What kind of large company actively and unapologetically scams their customers for fun? Also, Roger in the mobile department said he would call me the next day and still hasn’t, which I knew would happen. He also was very rude and condescending. Thanks for nothing, Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Lynnea_1 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums today. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you've experienced regarding the recent interaction with our Xfinity representative and the unexpected charges related to the iPad offer. I understand your concern and want to address this matter as quickly as possible with you.

It's disappointing to hear about the misinformation you received regarding the "free" iPad offer and the unintended enrollment in a mobile plan. This is not the experience we aim to provide our customers, and I regret any confusion caused. I assure you that our team will help with a resolution. Regarding the return process for the iPad, I understand your urgency and frustration with the delays in receiving a return label. I will expedite the process needed to ensure that you are connected with the necessary team to assist with this process.

Regarding your experience with Roger from our mobile department, I apologize for any rudeness or lack of follow-up. This does not align with our service standards, our team will make sure to stay in contact until all your concerns are addressed and resolved. To get started, please send a direct message with your full name and address. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

(edited)

4 Messages

1 month ago

Free iPad is a known Xfinity scam. Look on the internet. They got my wife and it seems many other customers. I have filed an FTC complaint and will be reaching out to an attorney general to see what can be done.

3 Messages

24 days ago

Same here. It’s a big lie!! I’m really angry. It’s a corporates scam. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here