U

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 7:02 PM

Worst Customer Support Ever

Honestly, at this point words can't even describe it. We had a multi-day outage that was resolved today. Despite numerous efforts the past two days including multiple calls to the support number, going through the support chat within the app multiple times, and texting the support number multiple times, it always comes back to the same thing. I am physically unable to connect with any human being to talk. I set out looking for a quick phone call to discuss an issue (nothing to do with yelling at them to fix the outage), yet repeatedly get told I can't. Despite multiple times indicating I was calling or messaging regarding for other reasons than the outage, I was repeatedly given ways to check updates on the outage. Now that I want to connect with a representative to discuss something after the outage has resolved for me, I am STILL told how I can't talk with a representative because of the outage. Xfinity, is this really how you treat students? You just ignore us and funnel us through the same useless automated prompts just hoping we will forget an issue exists and goes away? I can safely say that I will be cancelling my service the moment it becomes feasible for me, and I will prevent anyone I can from choosing this service due to the lack of any worth from customer support when there is an issue. This is flat unacceptable. I could understand longer waiting times during an issue; however what I can't find acceptable is looking at people, especially college students who are living off of loans, and telling us that the customer service we receive is based solely on if you are able to keep your infrastructure properly functioning. That is an awful business practice, and I'm tired of it.

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

18 days ago

Good afternoon @user_0n7s3g I completely understand the frustration with the IVR and the difficulty you had connecting with a representative. You can always reach us here on the forums if you need assistance. We can assist with any account concerns. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here