U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 3:01 PM

Closed

Will any coax outlet work?

We moved into our house recently and put the xfinity box, modem and tv on one wall with no problem. Thinking about rearranging now as I see there is a coax outlet on another wall. Will any coax outlet work with our box and modem?  Wanting to make sure before I start moving furniture. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Forums. As long as the outlet is active and wiring within the walls are ok, you should be able to relocate your modem. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAshley​ Is there a way to test the outlet before moving anything?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That's a great question, @user_ae4b84! The only way to test the outlet would be to move the device to that outlet to confirm if it works or not.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... Will any coax outlet work with our box and modem? ...

What XfinityRaul said. Technicians often disconnect any outlets that are not being used. Since Comcast doesn't keep track of in-home wiring and has no way to test it remotely, all you can do is try the outlet to see if it works.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here