U

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 6:16 PM

Wifi pass now review. The good and the bad.

The good.

Wifi pass now is cheap.  And you do have access to lots of hotspots (provided they work)

The bad

1. Customer support isn't that easy to get to unless you have other xfinity services. Use the link to get hold of technical support. If you can then give as much information possible to tech support.

2. Xfinity doesn't have Wifi hotspot outage map. So Xfinity may or may not be aware that the hotspot you are currently using has issues.

3. Xfinity (probably) puts a significant if not a majority of these hotspots in locations where little or no tech expertise exists. This isn't bad in and of itself but be aware that if you report a hotspot outage then it might be days to resolve. 

4. Unfortunately, from the limited experience I see is that the tech people resolving the issue on site who are likely to be able to resolve the obvious by doing  simple restart don't have the expertise to solve a more difficult problem. I can't say for sure with the problem that I am dealing with is that the modus operandi is to just keep restarting.  

5. Xfinity's attitude towards a non working hotspot is go to another hotspot. OK. That is reasonable enough so if you are using a hotspot as your primary residential source of internet then you better come up with a better plan.   

6. I put down your home network for topic as a matter of necessity. 

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

23 days ago

@user_ebev31 we would be happy to look into this with you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 
To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here