U

Monday, March 18th, 2024 8:03 PM

Closed

Wifi difference

What is the difference between postpay internet and prepaid internet? Speeds? Data?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hi, user_4de6yd,

Thank you for reaching out with this great question. I see you want to know what the difference is between both and also what the details include, and I'll do my best to help.

First, Xfinity Prepaid ,  is a pay-as-you-go option for customers who may not be able to get services through our traditional subscriptions or who prefer a more flexible route. 

Here is what comes with Prepaid:

• Download and upload speeds of 200 Mbps and 10 Mbps
  • Getting Started kit that includes a Wireless Gateway (XB2 or XB3)
  • Pay-by-month and pay-by-week service options
  • Easy and convenient to buy, refill, and use
  • No credit check needed
  • No contract or monthly bill
  • Customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Prepaid Internet service is available for purchase nationwide at xfinityprepaid.com or by calling 1-855-75-PREPAID or 1-855-757-7372.

With (postpay) traditional Internet, you have more speed tiers, services, and equipment options. The tiers can range from 150 Mbps to 2 Gbps in select areas. You also get extra benefits that are unavailable with Prepaid, like Xfinity Rewards or access to millions of free Xfinity Hotspots nationwide. We already recently boosted speeds across many of our tiers, and we are rolling out even faster download and upload speeds nationwide. Here, you'll have the option to not have an agreement, but you will likely save with the promotional agreement offers. I know what was a lot, but I hope this gives you enough to get started.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here