cpupro's profile

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Monday, January 8th, 2024 4:53 PM

Closed

Wi-Fi 7 standard

When will we be able to exchange our Xfinity modems for the new Wi-Fi 7 standard models?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @cpupro! We're all excited about this new technology and lower latency for gamers, but there has not been an announcement for a new Xfinity gateway that is capable of the 208.11be standard yet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

9 months ago

@cpupro We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your Xfinity Voice issue. We are glad you were able to resolve your issue. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

1 Message

8 months ago

How can I tell what WiFi standard my current Xfinity modem supports AND if its not 6E how do I get the Xfinity Gateway Next-generation WiFi 6E modem?

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello @user_izc2jn! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We value you as a customer and this is a great question! Our xFi Advanced Gateways support the latest in Wi-Fi technology, including Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E, and WPA3, the latest generation in mainstream security for wireless networks. If you have an xFi Advanced Gateway (XB7 and higher), you may need to update Windows PC Wi-Fi drivers in certain devices, so they can connect to your in-home Wi-Fi network. Updating Wi-Fi drivers, firmware and app versions across all Wi-Fi capable devices is recommended to ensure you’re getting the most out of your new Gateway. Please follow this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-wifi-driver, for more information and for steps on how to update Wi-Fi drivers. 

If you need further assistance with upgrading your modem, please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ 

"https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-wifi-driver, for more information and for steps on how to update Wi-Fi drivers" PAGE NOT FOUND

I would also like to now how to check my current Xfinity Modem to see if it's a least up to 6E Specs

I went onto my Xfinity app and looked at the Gateway, it states "XB7". If I login to the Router Admin Took and look under Wi-Fi and any other information I cannot see where this information is there for Wi-Fi 6E or changing to WPA3. It is on Wi-Fi 5 and WPA2-PSK (AES).

Is there somewhere I am unaware of that this information is at?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Does the following link work for you, @cpupro?
Update WiFi drivers and maintain devices to work with your xFi Advanced Gateway (XB7/XB8)

Our Overview of Xfinity Gateways webpage has photos for reference as well as the detailed specifications of each model. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Yes it does and I have already gone over this in the past. I have just posted a Direct Message with this informaiton on it.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@cpupro​ 

@XfinityAmira​ 

"https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-wifi-driver, for more information and for steps on how to update Wi-Fi drivers" PAGE NOT FOUND

I would also like to now how to check my current Xfinity Modem to see if it's a least up to 6E Specs

I went onto my Xfinity app and looked at the Gateway, it states "XB7". If I login to the Router Admin Took and look under Wi-Fi and any other information I cannot see where this information is there for Wi-Fi 6E or changing to WPA3. It is on Wi-Fi 5 and WPA2-PSK (AES).

Is there somewhere I am unaware of that this information is at?

Just an FYI, you probably copied the comma at the end of the URL, which would give you the page not found message.  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here