E

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, February 21st, 2022 12:17 AM

Closed

Why so many outages in my area?

These past 3 weeks, my internet and TV service disruptted many times on random days and times. The outage map only shows an estimated time of service coming back but no reason shown. I called xfinity and they can't see the cause of these outages either. This is very frustrating as I have to work from home. Sometimes these outages can last from 1 to 2 hours. Why is it so difficult to find out the cause and get this fixed permanently? 

Official Employee

• 

657 Messages

2 years ago

@Ekferio I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing so many interruptions and haven't been able to get the support you need over the phone. Our technicians will leave whatever information they can as to the cause of any work being done, but it can be limited at times. I'd be happy to look further into this for you and see what we can do to help improve your service for the future. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3Bz4hC2
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

I sent the DM. These outages last from a few minutes to hours and the status page only shows solved or unresolved without any explanation. If these dropouts repeat over and over again, then it's never truly resolved and at least give a reason what's causing them. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Ekferio,

Good luck with finding out. Our area has been experiencing frequent outages for almost 12 months. I've called messaged and called Xfinity multiple times. Each time they just keep transferring me until eventually I get transferred to an automated system with no option for a person, so basically a polite hang-up.

I was also promised (by level 2 tier support) a technician would be scheduled to come out and talk to me, they even gave me a date and a time window but it never happened. I've been a Xfinity costumer for 16 years with no complaints but I guess that carries no weight with Xfinity.

If you find a way to get an answer please let me know.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_3ea196! I sincerely regret this has been your experience. This is never the feeling we want you to have and we'll be happy to look into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

If Xfinity tells you they will help and just direct IM them, don't waste your time. I did direct IM them and told them that there has been an ongoing outage issue (several times a month) outages for 12 months and all they did was focus on the current outage.  For your amusement, below is their reply (I've put in bold some funny statements on their part boarding on just cheesy, they obviously truly believe words is all you need for good customer support).  I also wanted to share with everyone that Verizon has been rolling out nation wide 5G broadband access at comparable speeds to Xfinity and 1/2 the price. All of my outages has lead to me researching this. If my posts do not get deleted by Xfinity I will continue to share info on this and my experience with it.

Hello and good afternoon, Shane, and thank you for reaching out in a private message. I am so sorry to hear about these awful ongoing interruptions in service that you have been experiencing, with seemingly no end in sight. I would be more than happy to assist you in getting these ongoing service issues resolved once and for all! I checked the area, and I found, as you are obviously already painfully aware, we are actually still aware of an ongoing interruption in service in your area, and we are working hard to get it resolved as we speak. We have the very best and brightest people in the industry already working around the clock to get services in your area restored. The reason being, we detected a network performance issue in the area and we have been working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. There have been some network and equipment issues in the area recently, and we have been working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible as they come up, while doing our best to minimize the impact to you and all our other loyal, valued Xfinity family members in the area who are currently still affected by these ongoing interruptions in service. The current ETA for when services are expected to be restored is "As soon as possible". You can also view the same service interruption information we have here, including maps of the affected area, ETA's of when services will be restored when available, you can set up free text alerts to notify you when services are restored, and much more by visiting our Xfinity Status center, located here (deleted link). It is really handy, and I would highly recommend checking it out I would be more than happy to keep a close eye on things, and then once services are confirmed to be restored in the area, I will reach back out to you to confirm that your services have been restored, as well as to apply a credit to your account for the entire time that your service was interrupted. As far as scheduling a technician, since we already know the cause of the issue, and it isn't at your home and instead with our Xfinity infrastructure servicing your area, a trouble call would not actually be able to resolve anything, since the issue is again "upstream" from you, and is related to our equipment servicing the entire area. Once the repairs are completed and the interruption in service in the area is resolved, if you are still experiencing issues, we can definitely see about scheduling a technician to come out and take a look, however, during an area wide interruption in service, the system actually won't let us schedule a regular trouble call, since again we already know where the issue lies (again reminding anyone reading this that this has been going on for 12 months so I doubt this is now the magical month that it gets fixed!), and we are working hard to get it resolved as we speak. I again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these ongoing interruptions in service may be causing you and all our other valued Xfinity family members in the area, and I promise we will do everything possible to make this right. (Really? they value us but they can't take a few minutes to contact the local office in my area and understand why we are having 12 months of frequent outages?)

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_3ea196 

In order to try and help faster to your local area, we will need to set up a tech visit. They are able to submit tickets to the local area and have bigger issues looked into if they are able to find any issues around the home or outside. We would need to set this up as soon as possible for you. Our team is here to help you 24/7 and will be here for you to help with the next step to ensure services are working as intended! Please continue with our chat if you would like to set up a tech visit. I will continue to monitor this post. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Have you fully read my posts? I have all the status texts showing that there were outages in my area, not on my property.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I was lucky to spot a tech working and asked what was going on with the outages. He said they were upgrading something and the whole neighborhood had the outage until it's done. Whatever they did seem to fix it for now as I haven't had a single outage since. But I think there is a disconnect between the technicians and their customer support team because they don't know what is going on. They only see what you see. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been having internet issues/interruptions since October 2021. It started with 1-3 and then gradually move to every 5-15 minutes on the hour for the entire day. I work from home and have been calling everyday for the past two pius months. I was given one month credit which is not really any compensation for what I have been going through - my internet going down during calls with upper management, training with team etcccc. So far 3 tech came out and they change wire and buried it and same issue or worse. One tech told me it was due to wire burnt, destroyed or flood on main wiring box out on the main and bucket truck would be needed to complete work, we’ll on 4/25/2022 I was told ticket closed, I asked was work done I was only told ticket closed.  They came in check my modem - white tower and wiring and was told it works ok. The tech connected his laptop to modem and advised that on 4/23/2022 there were 83 interruptions. He was able to confirm as well that there have been major interruptions in my area. I asked my neighbors via our WhatsApp group and several neighbors ditch Xfinity in the last few months becuz of this. One neighbor order the fight cable went down. This is unacceptable because my payment is never late. I requested to speak with a supervisor and it appears Xfinity does not have such level in their company. I just need someone to help or else I will have to do what my neighbors did. I have been with Comcast/xfinity for over 20 years and this is the service they are throwing at me a valuable customer.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to send me your concerns about the connection issues you been having and sorry to hear it is happening more often. We do appreciate you as our valued customer and your loyalty and this is not what we want for you as our customer. We can see about getting this fixed for you. Do you have any third party devices like a router or signal booster at all?

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I live in Santa Clara and I have experienced multiple outages on a monthly sometimes weekly basis since last year. It’s ridiculous and you would think they would automatically refund your account but you have to call it in and they only refund for the period it’s estimated to be resolved in even though they that period always extends to a full day off. Which has to be illegal? With the number of people affected, how has there not been a class action lawsuit? I am a part of a property management company and when residents request internet providers I am brutally honest to them about the lack of service they will receive with xfinity.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

I'm sorry to hear about the service issues you've had, @user_593e29! I would be glad to take a look at your account and see what can be done. Could you send us a private message to get started?

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

We'll continue assisting you there! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here