U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 10:17 PM

Why no cable here in North Augusta, SC

Cable went out at my residence on Lecompte Avenue on September 27, I’ve been dated almost every day that change with no follow up, these false promises and bogus dates are not helping customers who have no true means of knowing when service will return. I ordered the storm ready WiFi which is supposed to work during times like this, at least that is what was told me by the rep over the phone when he pushed it to me, I will be returning this fake service equipment as soon as possible because just like the cable it does not work. All we’re looking for is honest information and better updates. The partial refund is nothing when for three straight weekends, I am relegated to looking at Utube on my phone. This is totally unacceptable by your company, power has been on for weeks and you mean to tell me as big of a company you are, you can’t communicate better, I am one of many that now second guess choosing you as my provider. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

18 minutes ago

Hi there, user_5c0waf! I apologize that your service has been offline and understand that is tough to get through! We appreciate your patience and understanding, and will work around the clock until services are restored.

While an estimated time of restoration is not currently available or has changed, please know that we're working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible. We coordinate our recovery efforts closely with local and state government and power companies.

The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your Xfinity service is to visit our Status Center or checking the Xfinity app. As more repair work is completed, you will see the message updated. If the time changes it means that further damage was found that needs to be addressed before your service will be back online.  

If you see any downed or low hanging lines those can be reported in the Xfinity Assistant by typing hazardous line. The Comcast South page also provides updates on the ongoing work and how to find Xfinity WiFi Hotspot locations. The local team also has an Augusta restoration timeline here

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here