zeekstern's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 3:10 PM

Closed

Why Is It Impossible To Speak To an Agent?

Xfinity has to have the worst Customer Service platform in the history of the world. They assume that you can only have a problem in a certain area such as Internet or voice and then base all of their questions off of those areas. After spending hours of going around in circles I somehow lucked out and got to speak to a live agent. I wish I could remember how I did it. The Agent opened Ticket [Edited: "Personal Information"] over a week ago and I am trying to find out the status of that ticket. The agent said it would be taken care of within 24-48 hours which has come and gone a long time ago. I have approximately 700ft of FIOS cable laying on top of the ground and blocking the entrance to my basement. 

I spent another hour just now trying to speak to an agent with no luck. 

I should not have to reboot all of my Comcast equipment to speak to an agent to find out the status of a ticket. This is ridiculous!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @zeekstern! Thank you for taking the time to create a new post regarding your customer service concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with our automated system, and I appreciate your feedback! Our Digital Care Team would be more than happy to check on the status of that ticket as well as the work being scheduled to have the outside line addressed. Could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you! 

2 Messages

So live agent is not the way to talk to a person 

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

@user_7a9f85 You can speak with a live agent. You can call in at 800XFINITY. Another option I use is the call back option. You would log into our free Xfinity app and request a call back as well. https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback/. Our team is happy to help you with any issues you're having as well. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thank you for the response. I did call the 800XFINITY number when I was not able to get anywhere using the xfinity website. Rebooting my modem/equipment would not help me. I didn't know about the call back option and will try that next. I did send your team a direct message as XfinitySara requested 2 days ago and have not heard anything yet. I will wait until tomorrow before trying the call back option since I sent the direct message. I took a look at the URL you posted. I have a choice of 4 topics: Internet, TV, Voice, and Account and Billing. I have seen those optons before. If I choose Internet, I will have to reboot the modem. The TV option will tell me to unplug that TV box etc. The Voice and Account Billing will take me to two other pages. I will post back the results tomorrow. I am hoping to find a box that I can click on that says something like "Request an Agent to Call You". 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@zeekstern Thank you for the update, using the link provided to request a callback would be the option you'd want to use to reach an agent directly in that way. However, our team is here to help as well! I can see you sent us a message yesterday, and we did reply, but we haven't heard back from you. Did you happen to receive, or have a chance to review our reply?

Also, something I did want to share, when it comes to field visits, typically these have a timeline of around 14 business days for completion. We do try to get them taken care of as soon as possible, but it is typically unlikely the job would be completed within the 24-48 hours mentioned unless it is reported as a safety hazard.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

22 Messages

Hi there, The xfinity scheduler does NOT work. It hasn't worked for over a month! Continues to this day. I have been online for 6 hours chatting in circles with the app, PC , and awful 800 number.

Worst of all , I was on the line with a comcast Ambassador then her phone cut out. I waited. She NEVER called me back.

No one cares at all.

1 Message

10 months ago

Tried to resolve a billing issue today, the automated system could not help, imagine that.  Kept asking for live help and it kept putting me into the automated system every time I responded that it was a billing issue.  Kept telling me that I had to be logged into my account to pay my bill, not trying to pay a bill, trying to correct a billing problem that xfinity created.

Lost 2 hours out of my day dealing an issue that should have taken 10 minutes.  The next time there is any kind of xfinity problem that requires me to contact them, I will be calling to cancel my service. Am not going through this again, I have other options.  BTW this communication issue has gotten worse over the years not better.

THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT OR SERVICE AT XFINITY

2 Messages

Because your robot won't allow anyone to get through with a call he can't help when an agent can but that robot thinks it can and takes forever to finally connect you with a agent 

22 Messages

The chat robot goes in circles. Texting for an appointment doesn't work. Online scheduling doesn't work. I just got hung up on by a Comcast "Ambassador". She never called back.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_feeling_burned​ 

Please continue your comments in your own thread.

Thanks.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

9 months ago

Totally AGREE with you!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @user_v2l8eh. Are you experiencing any billing issues? How can we help? 

22 Messages

This is one of the worst days I've ever had with xfinity "support".

No one answers calls. I just had a live chat agent say hello, then not reply to anything after that.

The phone app can't schedule a call back.

The website can schedule a call back.

The call center directs to technical support when you ask for billing.

Complete failure. Dysfunction on an epic level.

22 Messages

Why is it that this forum will not let me see what someone has said about my comment?

I get a 404 error when trying to continue a conversation

2 Messages

7 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] I got a text from Xfinity saying there was a problem in my area. It said it would be fixed by 7:30 pm est and you'll receive a text stating service has been restored. It wasn't fixed until 9:30 pm and didn't get a text until 8:04 am. The next [Edited: "Language"] morning!! [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

Hi there @user_a46ztc ! Sorry to hear you had a service interruption, and thanks for bearing with us as it was taken care of! Sometimes due to unforeseen issues, an estimated restoration time can change, unfortunately. Just because your service was back at 9:30 PM does not necessarily mean that the overall issue was cleared. When it is confirmed that the related internal ticket is closed as resolved, that is when the text would come. My apologies for any confusion that may have caused!

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

Hello @user_a46ztc ! When calling in, even with an interruption in progress you should still be able to speak with someone about your bill. Not sure why you were unable to, but I can certainly answer any billing questions you may have. If it is a general question we can discuss it here, or if it is account specific, please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get the authentication started. Thanks!

2 Messages

7 months ago

The most awful customer service. Pushing mobile additions to packages and making you go through 25 minutes of automated [Edited: "Language"]. Took way too long for my agent to say anything about call back through the App. I also sat on the phone going through too many prompts then it sent me back to the chat. I have tried to get an issue resolved for 2 months with no action.

(edited)

1 Message

7 months ago

You're absolutely right, it's impossible to talk to a live agent, I need to ask somebody why I have to suffer outages every single day and still pay premium price for this terrible service. They don't want people calling in to get discounts so they just block you all together. It is evil and it needs to stop.

1 Message

7 months ago

Trying to speak to a live agent makes you want to pull your hair out. I go through the prompts and then it either hangs up on me or makes me start all over. I don't have an issue with my equipment, the automated system assumes everyone is calling because they have technical issues, "NO" I don't. I want to renew my service but thinking I'm better off just buying streaming apps, because Xfinity has terrible!! customer service, most time I just give up and hope the next day will be better, but I'm always disappointed. As many customers as you have, you should really invest in a better system to help your customers. It's sad that so many of us feel the same way.

Xfinity/Comcast, you all need to fix this, spend a little money, and make your customers happy. Your services are not cheap, you should give us all the satisfaction by allowing us to keep our head when trying to reach a live person.

Official Employee

• 

434 Messages

Good afternoon @zeekstern. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at renewing your services. Thanks!

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

7 months ago

How about this? An actual operator or considering the size of Comcast, a department of them that simply picks up a ringing phone and says "Hello, this is XXXXXX thank you for calling Comcast Xfinity. How may i help you?"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here