Darwinized's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 2:20 PM

Why does my modem reboot every time I talk or chat with Xfinity support?

I have been having issues for a while now, so I have needed to work with support on several occasions. Every time I interact with support, my modem reboots.

Once, I was in a chat session, working with an agent, and the modem rebooted. I waited for the Internet to return, figuring the agent would resume the chat. The chat resumed, but with a different agent who had to read the chat to get caught up - a few seconds later, the modem rebooted. This happened five times before I blew up and told them to stop rebooting the modem and just send me a replacement!

The latest time (a few moments ago), I was in chat with support because there was no return shipping label for shipping back the old modem. They said I would get it via email soon, and we ended the chat. Not 10 seconds later, my modem rebooted.

It must be a new policy of some sorry - anybody else experiencing this?

This practice is unprofessional and disruptive. I work from home and have many things open that a sudden disconnect could damage, corrupt, or wipe out entirely.

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

13 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

13 days ago

Good morning and welcome to our Xfinity Community Forums page @Darwinized. I am sorry to hear that your modem keeps rebooting when you are talking with our support team. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you if you still need a return label or if you are still having issues with your modem. Now when you talk to our support team if they are doing troubleshooting, we do have a interactive troubleshooting guide tool that will ask us to reboot the modem if necessary. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here