TennBoy83's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 12:16 AM

Closed

Why does Comcast/Xfinity make it so hard to change one's service plan?

Why does Comcast/Xfinity make it so hard to change one's service plan? 

I wish to drop TV, but upgrade my internet service. Kind of Ironic that I just got a new 4K OLED, but I refuse to fund certain channels any more, and comcast refuses to offer 'ala carte'. 

But according to their website, this is the only way to do it: 

Freaking Ridiculous! 

The local service center basically laughed at me, mumbled something under his breath, and then claimed it would be "around $125 plus tax" just to keep my current internet speed by itself! ( 200Mbps )

I know exactly what I want, but Comcast/Xfinity seems to refuse to offer it for me, despite being a customer for over 9 years!

I want the following package, + xFI complete/unlimited + 1 4k xstream ( should be $25 I believe )

( I will probably switch my cell to xfinity after my current cellular contract is up contract is up, but know I'll miss the $10 credit for now ) 

So I expect it would be $90 + $25 + tax for the service upgrade. (At least, that is what a new customer would be charged.)

But frankly, since I can not even switch to a less expensive internet only plan on the website; we are seriously considering just getting a 5G hotspot for now, as our speeds are 'good enough' on Sprint. 

Does Comcast want to do anything to retain a loyal customer? 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @TennBoy83. Thank you for reaching out on our awesome Community Forum about the issues you've had with changing your services. I apologize that it has been a frustrating experience so far -- that's definitely not what we want for you. You've reached the right place, though. Our experts will be happy to help get you the services you want. :) 

To get started, please send me a message with your first and last name.

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

I look forward to working with you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here