U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, October 10th, 2022 10:28 PM

Closed

Why did you mess the network up?

We had internet for 4 days after Ian, until Comcast started working in the area and then we lost internet and haven’t got it back. Seems everyone in this area of North Port has the same issue. We had internet until Comcast got here. What’s up? Why did you disable your customer service line so no one could call?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

2 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

2 years ago

@user_621f65.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm happy that you are safe after the storm.

Please note that once services are restored, you may experience additional temporary interruptions while our technicians continue working.

You can find more info on what to expect here https://www.xfinity.com/response. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We're working to restore services as quickly and as safely as possible. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJay​ 

That’s a generic answer. My network was fine until your techs started “fixing” it.  Now, no one on our block has service and hasn’t for days. Not even on and off service.

I also like how you ignored the fact that Xfinity turned your customer service number off. That’s a big slap in the face to everyone who pays for your service and is promised 24 hour support. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Very sorry for the frustration, I can assure you that we always want you to have the highest confidence in the services and support we provide. You are an incredibly valued member of the Xfinity family. -ThomasB

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ 

Another generic answer avoiding the issues stated above. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hurricane recovery is an extremely tricky situation. Our techs are the best of the best and we have to be able to isolate signal flow and troubleshoot that flow to distribute to all of our customers in the area. I understand and would be asking the same questions. Apologies again for the frustration. -ThomasB

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ 

It doesn’t seem like they were very good at isolating the issues. Working networks should have been left in play until repairs were ready to be implemented. Shutting down an entire neighborhoods network for days to fix issues that were already isolated is a bad game plan. Not providing customers with a notice you were going to down their networks, then failing to even provide an estimate as to when we will have service again is just bad business.

Originally, the outages were primarily blamed on power disruption. It seems the more power that was recovered the more Xfinity service went down. Doesn’t make sense. 

You still completely ignored the fact that Xfinity disabled the customer service number. A service promised to paying customers. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Even your chat assistant knows you’ve disabled customer service. By phone, as soon as I put our account number in it switched to an automated message then hangs up. Talked to an Xfinity tech working on an amplifier 2 streets over today and he said go online to request an appointment for a new drop cable. Can’t even do that! 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Still no internet! The only way I could talk to anyone at Xfinity was by calling and pretending I wanted new service. You answer your phones then! Was told a tech would call me within 24 hours… that was over a week ago. Got a notification on the app saying our service would be restored within 3 business days. That was on Friday. Still nothing. We will be cancelling our service and going with Frontier as most the people on my street have. Their service is also cheaper and they offer true fiber… what I was told I’d have here before they only ran cable!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello, and thanks for following up with us. We'd hate to see you go. I'd be happy to review your account to see if there are any updates that we can provide you regarding an estimated restoration date. I also wanted to provide you with this link, which will provide daily updates about our restoration progress. I know this experience has been extremely frustrating, and hope that we can help make this right. Feel free to send a direct message with the instructions provided by @XfinityThomasB for more assistance. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChe​ 

Nah! I’m done with Xfinity as soon as Frontier is here to install the new fiber line. The only Xfinity guys anywhere near our neighborhood is on the construction side. I talked to one of them today before going to Lowes and getting what I needed to fix your issues myself. He stated you guys didn’t even have anyone running in this area repairing residential. My wife was able to get through to customer service today on your chat box finally, only to find you cancelled our ticket… without even as much as a notification. I fixed the issue, I dug the line up, bought the compression tool, strippers and terminators and repaired the line. You guys charged me $100 to have a guy run that line. I think you owe me some money for repairing it since there was a lot more work involved. I’ll be sure to invoice you when you send my final bill. 

It’s obvious Xfinity doesn’t care about their customers, only care about making sure customers pay their bills and banking that money. Honestly the worst company ever for customer service! Before you go on about Xfinity guys working day and night don’t even. They rolled out every night by 6 when they were in the neighborhood. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Ok, @user_621f65. I'm really sorry you feel this way and wish there was something more we could do to help make your experience a better one. If you happen to change your mind in the future, feel free to create a new post with details of your request, and we'd be happy to help however we can. This thread will now be closed. Take care. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here