U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 9:58 PM

Why did the Xfinity rep withhold important information & details abut switching plans?

Hello. 
     The fact of the matter is that we have been severely taken advantage of by the Xfinity team.  We were told that switching to this new plan was better than the Legacy plan we had.   Information was withheld and the service representative was not honest or trustworthy with the finer details.  We went from having 120 hours of dvr recording time to only 20 hours of recording time.  This was never discussed or mentioned!  This is a huge deal since that  is predominantly how we watch tv since we both work.  After we had already locked into this new plan and discovered this disappointment, we called and explained this situation and what we lost to a new representative.  She told us there is nothing she can do for us and if we want more hours of recording time it will cost more money.   That is insane!  We wouldn’t have left the Legacy plan had we known we were going to lose 100 hours of recording time!  This is not the quality member service we are accustom to having with Xfinity.  
     Another huge issue is that our new bill says that we owe $470.30!  What?!  We told this to the representative, brought it up on her screen and acknowledged it.  She said it was because we haven’t paid the bill for May.  THAT IS NOT TRUE!  I have the receipt where we paid $241.88 on May 27, 2024.  The bill has always been on autopay so there is no way we ever miss a payment.  May was paid for. She still couldn’t explain it.  Then we were told she still can’t make the amount correct.  I am so dissatisfied with the way  Xfinity has been treating us through this.   The whole “sorry I can’t help you, is there anything else I can help you with today?” response from the representatives we’ve dealt with is problematic because it solves nothing, is pointless and a waste of everyone’s time.  We have been loyal customers for years now and the service team has brought us nothing but heartache and disappointment just in the last week.  
    The only way to improve my overall experience  at this point is for Xfinity to do what is right and honest.  Credit us for what we were fooled into losing with leaving our Legacy plan.  Either comp us 100 more hours of recording time for the duration of the contract or just give us back the Legacy plan.  

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

3 months ago

user_gl2myw Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for making things right.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Had similar issues. Conned into paying much more claimed I missed a payment

5 Messages

Also current outage. Cannot find any information

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@RosemarieL5 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with service issues, and I'm here to help. Let me look into the situation in your area and find any updates I can. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here