dereknungesser's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 24th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Why am I forced to bundle?

I’m trying to help my parents change their Xfinity service. They currently are paying for the tv, phone, and internet bundle and have been 20-year customers. Now that all the kids are out of the house, they have no need for cable tv and just want internet service. They also haven’t had a landline in years so they’re paying for stuff they don’t need or want anymore. I live in the same zip code as my parents and I’m able to get internet only plans, however it’s saying internet only plans aren’t available in their area. They are forced to pay for the bundle or switch to Fios which they don’t want because they like Xfinity. Is there any possible way they could get the option to only pay for internet?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dereknungesser wrote:
I’m trying to help my parents change their Xfinity service. They currently are paying for the tv, phone, and internet bundle and have been 20-year customers. Now that all the kids are out of the house, they have no need for cable tv and just want internet service. They also haven’t had a landline in years so they’re paying for stuff they don’t need or want anymore. I live in the same zip code as my parents and I’m able to get internet only plans, however it’s saying internet only plans aren’t available in their area. They are forced to pay for the bundle or switch to Fios which they don’t want because they like Xfinity. Is there any possible way they could get the option to only pay for internet?

Have your parents authorized/approved you to make changes on their account?  Not just saying yes to you, but calling in and having you added to be able to do that?  If not there's nothing here we can do for you because you're not authorized to make changes on their account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Derek - did you ever find a resolution for your parents? The "expert" reply you got was completely irrelevant and clearly avoided answering your question. I'm also trying to help my parents switch to internet only and curious what you found out.

Thank you!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SCHOEP wrote:

Derek - did you ever find a resolution for your parents? The "expert" reply you got was completely irrelevant and clearly avoided answering your question. I'm also trying to help my parents switch to internet only and curious what you found out.

Thank you!

I am sorry you think my reply was irrelevant but it was absolutely relevant.  Unless you are authorized to make changes to their account, you won't be able to, and they have to call in in order to authorize you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1) get your mom to as you to the account 

2) INSTALL A CALL RECORDER! They record you right? Record them too! I stopped getting the run around once they knew I had proof of what was, and wasn’t said. 

4) Then remind them you said you’re recording. They get wonderfully helpful when a recording.

ALWAYS RECORD CONTRACTS! You don’t buy a car without paperwork on the deal. You don’t get a mortgage and let the bank keep the paperwork! We are doing verbal contracts more and more. Call recording lets them Know you have a copy of the agreement, just like them.

I’ve had a lot less rip off issues since doing this. I 

[Edited for violating forum guidelines]

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I would highly recommend you switch services to FIOS immediately. I cannot wait for the day that I am able to switch my own services as Xfinity is a horrendous company to deal with entirely. I strongly encourage you to look up the details of Comcast as they had to change their name to try and save their horrible reputation, as it was not too long ago they were rated the worst company in the U.S. (Google it). Due to the decrease in demand for TV as it fades out of relevancy due to competitors such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc; they want you to bundle products in order to save the dying TV brand. It makes up a large majority of their profits and they rather milk you dry before they innovate their own services. They will usually even offer you a lower price to bundle a bunch of stuff instead of getting internet alone, and will then charge you full price after your year is up and blame you for not reading their small text. This company is out for your money, that's why it's hard to find what you're looking for. My previous post was even deleted due to trying to make you aware of this info! Again, look into the history of Comcast and their horrible services and switch to FIOS while you can, they offer better everything. Best of luck!!!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @SCHOEP

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forum to get assistance with your downgrading your parent's services. I'm sorry if you felt the questions asked by our Expert were irrelevant. However, @Again is correct. If you are an authorized user on your parent's account don't see the options you're looking for online, a member of my team could chat with you in a private message to discuss the internet-only options available. If you aren't authorized, we'd need them to call in and have you added before we can provide any information about the account. For the safety and security of our customer's accounts, for billing info, and to make any changes to an account, we must first verify: 

* Your first and last name, 

* The account holder's first and last name, 

* and their service address. 

My team would be happy to step in a help however we can. If you are ready to discuss their options and have been added as an authorized user, please send me a private message with the requested information by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I agree with the objection.  Your comment IS irrelevant.  They are not asking about permissions.  That is not the question.  I have the exact same question about bundling.  Instead of addressing the question, you focused on something irrelevant.  I ask the SAME question about bundling for myself.  Tell my question is irrelevant.  BTW, I have done changes for my father, with permission.  I would imagine that this person would have obtained same permissions.  STICK TO THE TOPIC

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @lcks, to boot, @Again is a volunteer Expert on the forum, he's not paid to answer questions by Comcast, so keep it courteous. From an identity and security perspective, it's not meant ignore or not answer the OP's question, rather cover the dependency from an account access perspective.

The only people on the account who are able to make changes to the service are the account holder, anyone who has been authorized, or a manager role on the account. It's a dependency before we talk to you about services on someone else's account to prevent unauthorized access to changes that the financially responsible individual is on the hook for. 

To directly answer your question, you can speak to a Care representative over chat or by phone, or even better in a retail store and they'll be happy to look at options for you that don't require bundles. There are always internet-only options, nobody is forced into packages. If they have a X-year agreement, then it must be fulfilled per the contract. If they aren't in a package or bundle and/or it's unavailable online, it can be done via the representatives. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here