U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 5:55 PM

Who do i call if my network frequently disconnects?

I noticed in the past month my network will disconnect for about five minutes and come back up w/out me having to do anything.  It's not during any particular time of day or day of the week, it's random.  Why is this happening?

Responses

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Same is happening to me. It freezes, tiles, and disconnects. I’ve called several times but no one seems to care if their solution worked. They keep restarting my modem or cable. The next day it all begins again. 

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

Hello, @user_e83a5c and @user_f95b41

Thanks for reaching out to us for support! Intermittent internet connectivity issues can be caused by a variety of reasons so we will need to look into each of your situations to find the best way to help. :)

Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

254 Messages

2 m ago

Hello, @user_9de106! I'm sorry to hear about the intermittent connection being experienced. I can run a few diagnostics to see what's going on with the connection and how we can get things back on track for you. Please send me a Message with the full name of the Account Owner and yourself, if different, as well as the full address on the account to get started.

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner to access our new Peer 2 Peer feature!
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Same thing is happening to me. I received outage messages when I call and after my last call when no outages was reported. My location is on Stoneham, MA

Comcast is planning to send a technician out but will not guarantee that I will not be charged for the visit
Seems like I have to cancel to face having to spend more time fighting a charge and still having services dropped for significant periods of time

The technician want to run diagnostics which means disconnecting my functioning connect and disrupting my work. 

Can someone from Comcast please send out a technician to fix the issue and guarantee there is no charge and if the technician visit is of no value then explain or communicate when the service will be stabilized?

New to the Community?

Start Here