U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 8:44 PM

Where to file formal complaint regarding customer support practices.

Hi everyone,

I recently had an incredibly frustrating experience with Xfinity’s customer service while trying to activate a new modem. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of what happened:

1. Modem Purchase: I purchased a Netgear CM3000 modem from someone that moved and no longer has xfinity. This modem is on Xfinity's approved list for high-speed internet and supports 2GB down speeds.

2. Initial Contact: I reached out to Xfinity through chat to activate my modem. I provided the MAC address and waited for the agent, Noor, to handle the activation.

3. Plan Issues: Noor informed me that the MAC address was already registered under another account, so i immedately reached out to the seller and had them contact comcast to have it removed from their account. 

4. New Plan Activation: Noor then had me approve what I thought was the modem switch, but instead, it seemed like they canceled my existing plan and signed me up for a new one. This feels like it was done to gain a bonus or commission because switching a modem should NOT involve a new plan.

5. Endless Transfers: After multiple delays and waiting for ‘just a moment’ repeatedly, I was transferred to other agents. Every time I was transferred, I had to explain the whole situation again. I ended up chatting with Sudhir, Om, and finally, a supervisor named Raghav. Each time, the process took forever, and no one seemed to be able to solve the problem.

6. Hours Wasted: I spent over 3 hours just trying to activate a modem—something that should be simple. 

My Concerns:

• Plan Manipulation: Why was my plan canceled and replaced with a new one just to activate a modem? It feels like this was done to get a sales bonus at my expense.
  • Poor Customer Service: I was transferred between multiple agents, all of whom offered little help, causing further delays and frustration.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 days ago

Thank you for your feedback and for voicing your concerns here, user_dhbz6y. Your feedback has been heard. I'd be more than happy to look into your plan and account history together. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here